cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Views: 333
Message 11 of 14

Re: Will the Backflip ME600 be upgraded to 2.1?

The final decision has already been made. There will not be any upgrades to

Backflip ME600. Pleading here unfortunately will not reverse that decision.

Mark

Sent on my Atrix™ 4G with MOTOBLUR™

On Apr 17, 2011 1:57 PM, "kobayashihiroshi520@gmail.com" <

Mark
Former Employee
mysteriosanchez
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 14

Hi Mark

I'm a South African using a new MB300 Backflip running Android 1.5. There's someone who claims to have found a way to install Android 2.2 Froyo on this device. People have responded to his post with claims that his crack works perfectly in places like Vietnam and Australia. See the link below:

http://www.techgeekguy.com/2011/02/update-motorola-backflip-motus-mb300-froyo-2-2-1-cyanogenmod-6-1-...

I understand that his methods are technically illegal and void the warrenty by deleting Motoblur, but if it's so easy to make newer versions of Android work in other countries, why hasn't Motorola sorted this out for us? The fact that thousands of frustrated customers are frantically looking for (illegal) ways to get Froyo or Eclaire shows how Motorola has neglected a huge international market. There are so many applications that don't work on my new phone, which is disappointing because it is so well designed and put together! Please address this problem.

Regards

David Robertson

cfalonso
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 14

I don't get it Mark. Perhaps you could explain us so we don't keep asking the same (I understand that we won't change the decision, but may be you could explain Motorola's reasoning because we don't understand it. mainly the distinction between US and non-US).

Is there a technical reason or is this just a decision with no reasons? You are updating in US, so it's not likely to be a technical decision. Or if it is, what's the difference between my phone and the ones in US?

What can be read between the lines: Our countries are just not important to Motorola. Or there's a valid explaination? Because that's exactly the feeling. That Motorola doesn't care for non-US customers.

With all respect, keeping us in 1.5 (and upgrading in US) is like telling us that we don't deserve it, like saying that DOS 3.0 would be enough for countries like ours and that only US needs a better Operating System.

I'd like an explanation, but I'd understand if I don't get any.

Regards,

--Claudio

konaman97
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 14

As  a business decision, the decision not to upgrade the Backflip outside the US it is a poor decision at best and it shows that Motorola doesn't care about its customers beyond the US border. Due to your business decision I will never buy any other Motorola products ever and I have already started telling all my friends, my business associates,  and any one else that asks about about my phone about Motorola's lack of respect for their customers and to not buy Motorola products based on my experience. Also you should tell the decision makers to check out what viral YouTube and Facebook campaigns have done to other companies that have decided to treat their customer with a lack of respect in the past before making more decisions that don't respect your customers.

Regards

An Angry Customer