Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rajattaneja
What's DOS?
Views: 173
Message 1 of 8

using instanf messsanging software

i wanted to know if we can use skype for making free skype to skype call from android 1.5 is it supproted and also i am a heavy user of yahoo and live messengers, are these messegng softwares also supported by the same 1.5 version of android system.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 8

Re: using instanf messsanging software

Skype is only available for the Verizon Android phones. There also a bunch of IM apps in the market that will work and Google Talk is installed on the Backflip. These IM clients support multiple IM systems.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
rajattaneja
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 8

hi man, thts for the really helpfull answer, it does to a large extent answers my question, but one thng i am stil not clear abt is, i wanna tlk skype-skype, are there any apps, that support this, (i do understand u said there are manyy apps, but do u have apps for that in version 1.5 as someone told me some voice features (voice recorder) is not possible in version 1.5) once again if u could help me withthis,

regards

batmania15
Bit Torrent
Message 4 of 8

There's a program in the marketplace that is called iSkoot which will allow messaging through Skype.  There's no skype calling at the moment, but i believe skype is working on an application as we speak.
rajattaneja
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 8

hey man, thnks again i guess my skype thng has been answered, we need to wait for skype ppl to come up with skype-skype callng, but could u plz tell me if the upgradded version of android 2.1 or 2.2 would be available for backflip in australia, the US wensite of motorola does say backflip is upgradable, so is it gonan be available to australianmodels also,

whn motorola has an update why doesnt it allow everyone to uppgrade.

guess thts the last question in my mind

rajattaneja
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 8

ohh well one more thng, the android version 1.,5 is able to use VOIP features,or its lilke this version cannt use VOIP even whn skype comes up with callng based update
batmania15
Bit Torrent
Message 7 of 8

Each phone in different countries is unique in it's own way.  Please just keep checking the site for the latest news and updates on your device.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/manager/softwareupgrades

Also, when posting new questions that are not on topic with original thread please create a new thread so that when the question is answered it will help other users find the answers when they use the search feature.

rajattaneja
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 8

hey man, thnks for the help but tht link doesnt talk abt backflip in australia, so wht does it mean, it not upgradable or thy havnt decided abt it yet