Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikearora
What's DOS?
Views: 206
Message 31 of 225

Re: Backflip: Rebooting everytime keyboard is used

I bought my phone 3 weeks back and I have had the same issue as well. Although my issue is not as bad as some of the others on this thread, it happens most often while using the keyboard or right after using the keyboard and locking the screen. I am on AT&T and have the following apps installed- weather channel, facebook, BBC news, advanced task killer, baseball scores, flashlight and wikimobile.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

melynt2003
What's DOS?
Message 32 of 225

Have rebooting problems in video or camera mode.  Started the first day I got the phone, no apps installed just yet.  I do have a few apps now, but this problem began before I installed them.  Still occurs and is really a pain.....but I love this phone and don't want to give it up.  Please help.
ninjaap
Bit Torrent
Message 33 of 225

@melynt2003

You may want to refer to this thread as it discusses your problem with the camera.

insanefulk
What's DOS?
Message 34 of 225

I just got this phone and I like it a lot though it has random reboots when trying to text or update my facebook status using the keypad.  I have not experienced this when using the touch screen keypad though I have only had the phone for a week (got it on 4/17/10) it has rebooted at least 3 times without me doing anything at all other than selecting the unlock button, the other 3-4 times while trying to text is very frustrating.  I want to keep the phone, though I'm not sure how much I want to put up with this type of issue, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joeyginpa
What's DOS?
Message 35 of 225

I have been experiencing this issue mainly with texting.  It is completely intermittent and random.  I have tried to make it happen by pressing on the keys and have never been able to force it to reboot.  It always seems to happen when I am actually typing a message.  I hope this gets fixed soon as I do not want to return this phone.
nikearora
What's DOS?
Message 36 of 225

To update on to my earlier post, the phone just rebooted 3 times in row while trying to reply to a text message each time. I tried to see if it was a certain key causing it but seems to be an issue using the keyboard in general.

I'm getting close to the end of my exchange period so any help would be really appreciated. That way I atleast know that I should get it exchanged rather than wait for a fix.

Thanks.

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 37 of 225

@nikearora

Is it only happening with Text messaging or with other situations as well?

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
nikearora
What's DOS?
Message 38 of 225

@Mark,

It's primarily happening while texting. I have had couple of instances where after putting the phone on standby and turning the screen off it will reboot but those are much rare than the instances while texting.

Thanks and I appreciate you guys' willingness to help on these forums.

wendylee64
What's DOS?
Message 39 of 225

I was at the end of my 30 days to exchange also and I decided to send the phone back, the design is just not durable.  I do want to share with everyone though that I did figure out a fix so you can still text and it works awesome!!  I took a business card and cut it to fit under the battery and put the back cover back on.  The phone never restarted again for the short time I had it before I sent it back!!  Hope all who really want to keep the backflip will use this fix.  That being said, Motorola really needs to redesign this phone!!  The thin metal piece under the battery is very flimsy and of course the keys will trigger the battery!  Good Luck everyone.

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 40 of 225

@Wendylee64

Thanks for your feedback. We don't believe it is a hardware issue where the phone becomes disconnected from the battery momentarily causing it to restart.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee