Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisfires
What's DOS?
Views: 191
Message 81 of 225

Re: Backflip: Rebooting everytime keyboard is used

Having this same problem, very annoying. Reboots while texting. Am trying biz card thing - but what a silly fix for a piece of tech gear that is brand new! Any other solutions out there?
spottedmahn
What's DOS?
Message 82 of 225

I'm very skeptical of the rebooting issue being fixed by the "business card fix."

I'm fairly confident this is a software bug not a hardware issue.  It might be for some people but I doubt it for me.

andyargersinger
What's DOS?
Message 83 of 225

Purchased my phone mid march 2010.  Observed intermittent reboots recently, then today rebooted every time I used the keyboard to text.  I will look back at the posts regarding the workaround.
danstheman7
What's DOS?
Message 84 of 225

There is in fact a problem with some backflip's in which the phone does randomly reboot when moved (or sporadically), though I had the same rebooting issue with the keyboard, and I placed a folded index card above the battery, and (so far), my rebooting has stopped. As long as my phone doesn't overheat or have any other problems, this seems like a solution!

Good luck!

KB2IYS
What's DOS?
Message 85 of 225

Mark,

If you need more phones for testing, I volunteer mine.

Jim

dk10016
What's DOS?
Message 86 of 225

My phone usually restarts as soon as I press around the "J" key, because the battery pops out. Open the battery cover and start pressing "J", you'll know what I mean. The connectors are no longer connected. Anyways, I just taped my battery to the phone with electrical tape. Wala.
Carloverz28
What's DOS?
Message 87 of 225

I'm glad Im not the only one having this problem(not that I want other people suffering...It just might get fixed if enough have the problem)....This is so frustrating. The phone worked fine for a while, now it restarts randomly when typing or plugging it in to power. This is my second backflip to do this.
mia11691
What's DOS?
Message 88 of 225

This is my 2nd phone... but first issue with phone constantly rebooting...  it is enough to drive a person insane... Last Sat. during an emergency work situation, almost lost it with the phone continually rebooting...

So if I'm reading correctly, the solution is to 'wedge something between battery cover and battery to apply pressure'?  Really?

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 89 of 225

@spottedmahn

There is a software bug that relates to camera use causing a reboot that is fixed in the first software update. A reboot caused by simply using the physical keys is likely more hardware related. I'm awaiting more information from our product team based on the handsets we've collected.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
mia11691
What's DOS?
Message 90 of 225

The problem happens for me during keyboard use...  (txting, emailing, and once during trying to use my nav system)...it's never happened during camera use... so does anyone know what the reported fix is for this apparent hardware flaw?  I am inclined to agree with loose battery and had actually checked the battery last Sat...  It is quite an annoying problem...