Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
farefars
What's DOS?
Views: 670
Message 1 of 5

Backflip wont turn on, cant hard reset

Hey I just recently tried to turn on my phone and it just wouldnt work. It turns on when I plug it into the wall, but only the motorola sign shows up. I tried doing the hard reset by holding down the power and camera, then plugging it in to turn it on, but it only shows the motorola logo, then the screen turns black, then it starts up again to show the motorola logo. Im thinking its either the battery or the software. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 5

Re: Backflip wont turn on, cant hard reset

Judging from what you are saying, it may be that the battery is completely empty. Have you tried charging it for a couple of hours before attempting the power on or reset? Also are you trying to charge it with a Motorola charger?
farefars
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

I have tried charging it for hours, but all it does is stay on the motorola logo screen. I am using a motorola charger. The phone was barely used, I used it for like 2 weeks then left it sitting for a while. I dont think the battery would get messed up that fast.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 5

Did you purchase this phone recently? It may well be the case that the battery has died. This phone is now probably around 2 years old. I had a battery on a triumph go within less then a year so it is possible that was what happened.

farefars
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

no I had it sitting around for well over a year, ill try ordering a battery off of amazon or something. Thanks for the help! Smiley Happy