Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
humbly13
What's DOS?
Views: 18,809
Message 1 of 8

How to remove Sim network unlock pin

Hi i'm new here.

I just bought motorola backflip recently from e-bay and it's unlocked.

However, when i insert my sim card, it will ask for sim network unlock pin.

Do I have to get unlock code ??

Somebody help me..

emburybrett
What's DOS?
Views: 18,556
Message 2 of 8

Re: How to remove Sim network unlock pin

that means it is really not unlock they lied

humbly13
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 8

Oh...

-___-'

so it means that i need to buy an unlocked code?

Thanks for the answer btw.

Very helpful...

scrounger
Token Ring
Message 4 of 8

You may be able to contact AT&T and get the unlock code.  Search the forums.  I believe it has been talked about.  (useful for those who travel)

emburybrett
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 8

at&t will not unlock a phone unless you are at the end of you two years and if you say you going to travel then you "get back " they lock you phone again you just have to pay maybe  $10  to get it unlocked

scrounger
Token Ring
Message 6 of 8

The OP is on Tmobile so how will AT&T know when he has 'returned'.

jmgib
802.11n
Message 7 of 8

This is not true.  Once the phone is unlocked, the carrier doesn't just "relock it".  I love when people just make up stuff.  I suggest taking a look at http://www.attlockinglawsuits.com/pdf/meolinot.pdf  ATT has settled a class action suit about their locking practices.

From the document I linked basically ATT will unlock your phone if:

WHAT DOES THE SETTLEMENT PROVIDE?
AT&T Mobility agrees to give to its eligible AT&T Wireless, Cingular and AT&T Mobility current and former customers, upon request and where available, codes that unlock AT&T Wireless, Cingular and AT&T Mobility handsets other than (i) the Apple iPhone; or (ii) any handset that AT&T Mobility introduces or has introduced for sale pursuant to a contract with a handset manufacturer that provides for an exclusivity period of ten (10) months or longer (“AT&T Handset”). Unlock codes for AT&T Handsets will be provided to eligible postpaid customers who have completed a minimum of ninety (90) days of active service with AT&T Wireless, Cingular or AT&T Mobility and who are in good standing and current in their payments at the time of the request. For AT&T Handsets for which AT&T Mobility has an exclusive sales arrangement with a manufacturer of less than 10 months, the period of exclusivity associated with that sale must have expired before an unlocking code can be obtained. AT&T Mobility will provide unlocking codes for AT&T Handsets upon request to eligible prepaid subscribers who provide a detailed receipt or other proof of purchase of the handset. Customers may request five unlock codes per year.

anbupriya
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 8

You can remove your sim network unlock pin using unlock code.You can get unlock code from your service provider or else try to buy a unlock code from online unlocking service provider.If you need unlock code visit mobile-unlocker.com Here they will ask your country,network provider,mobile model no.After that they will send your unlock code with simple unlock instructions via e-mail.So you can easily unlock your Motorola Backflip within a day.