Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 373
Message 1 of 542

Upgrade to 2.1 -- official thread for problems, questions

It will help if we get upgrade issues all in one spot.

If you want to talk about anything re: 2.1 after you've upgraded, please start a new thread. Thanks!

Before you post, if you run into any issues with the installation of Android 2.1, please refer to this great FAQ that has tips and tricks for overcoming the issues we saw during pre-launch testing.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
InkLill
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 542

Re: Upgrade to 2.1 -- official thread for problems, questions

Just updated - wanted to know if anyone has tried sideloading yet - too lazy to do the work my self until i know it will work.

Thanks.

stevebo77
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 542

Actually.. I'm getting my butt kicked by this simple upgrade

I've tried the 'preferred method' of dropping the official zip file into my sd root folder.  Follow all the steps and when it comes to click on System Updates, I get "Your device is up to date! No update necessary"

Also tried the 'through computer' method via globalrepairtools.motorola.com/serviceandrepair/device/index/en-us/softwareupdate/ page.  Goes through all the steps and confirms that I do need an update, but fails on the same step where I click on System Updates on phone: "Your device is up to date! No update necessary"

Currently running Blur 0.13.37 and 1.5.. and totally baffled here

InkLill
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 542

Using the first method, you do not put it into the root folder. It should be in the first level of data on your SD Card. You go My computer - then click on your SD card and save it without putting it into any extra folders. Then look for system updates. It took my phone about five minutes just to find it, so be patient

jchargois87
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 542

Trying to do the update, but I'm getting a weird issue.  I go to plug in the USB cable to my computer and it's asking me to install "QC" drivers or software.  I don't get it though, I also have a USB cable connected to my work computer and it always asks me to charge or select USB.. never had to install drivers.  Uhh... help??

InkLill
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 542

If you have never had to install them on your work computer, they may have already been installed on it. I would install the drivers on your computer. This is the onyl time you will have to do it and it will reduce the potential for problems whenver you are using the phone with your computer. Not sure what "QC" means though.

jchargois87
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 542

Well either way I bypassed all of that and just used my miniSD card adapter and put it in my media card reader haha.  Worked just fine, it's now installing   Been waiting for this forever, so excited!

stevebo77
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 542

Root is exactly what first level means. 

So on my computer E: drive is the phone, once I view E: I'm in the root level of the SD card; any other folders within root are subfolders.

Anyway this is where my upload ends up, whether I put it there myself or let the auto-updater download it for me.  In both cases I still get the "Your device is up to date! No update necessary" response. 

eegorr1
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 542

My wife's backflip rebooted itself twice today after I upgraded her phone. I don't have any details as I haven't seen it happen myself, yet.

Is there some way to pull a log to see what might be causing the reboots?

ez-e
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 542

my phone has been on the "logging into motoblur" screen for about 20 minutes.  any ideas?