Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MissIndepndnt86
What's DOS?
Views: 222
Message 71 of 542

Re: Upgrade to 2.1 -- official thread for problems, questions

@SCOTSIMPSON

I don't think there is a way to bypass it. I had a similar issue where why 3G data connection wasn't working and I was nowhere I could access WiFi, so, I drove to a McDonald's (which is an AT&T hot spot) and used their WiFi. Starbucks also is an AT&T hot spot, hope those work for you.

MissIndepndnt86
What's DOS?
Message 72 of 542

I've posted a few times with my issue and haven't found any kind of resolution so I'm hoping maybe someone new will see this and have a fix.

I had had 2.1 installed for about 4 days and was using Handcent for my text messaging and everything was fine. Then I noticed on Sunday that my phone stopped vibrating when receiving text messages (whether in silent mode or not), but it still vibrates when receiving calls. So, I checked my settings in Handcent and they showed that they were set to vibrate, but is still wasn't happening. So, I thought it was just Handcent, so I uninstalled that and went back to the stock texting app. The phone still isn't vibrating at all, and the stock settings show that it should be vibrating, but it's not. I don't know what to do. I've tried everything I can think of, and nothing is working. Anyone have any thoughts?? I'm missing a ton of messages because the phone isn't alerting me with the vibrations while in silent mode all day long like it usually does.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 73 of 542

@MissIndepndnt86,

I have just tested my settings in the ChompSMS and vibrate works. Check it out and see if it helps

MissIndepndnt86
What's DOS?
Message 74 of 542

@DEVIL495

I cannot exit out of the Motoblur setup at all. How did you do it? I did a factory reset to see if it would fix the issue I"m having with the phone not vibrating when receiving texts like it should be. But I forgot I don't have a 3G connection until I can go into the settings and click something in specific to make it work, and I"m somwhere that I do not have a WiFi connection.

wroberts1970
What's DOS?
Message 75 of 542

My friends phone got stuck in motorblur setup mode and we just had to restart the phone after 30 min of wait time and all went thru ok... btw, does the vibrate icon show up on your phone when you have it set to vibrate but it doesnt????

marmarinou
802.11n
Message 76 of 542

rnclem:

Have you used MML with your Backflip since you upgraded it to 2.1?

Spar39x
What's DOS?
Message 77 of 542

It seems that after upgrading to 2.1 I can no link my myspace contacts with the corresponding person in the phonebook without the display name changing to their myspace name.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 78 of 542

@Spar39x,

This is a known issue and it is being considered. You may want to leave your

contacts with strange names unlinked

On Nov 10, 2010 1:49 PM, "Spar39x" <

shankarnikhil88
What's DOS?
Message 79 of 542

Every time I put some stuff in a folder on the home screens, everything comes out and is pasted right on top of each other on the 3rd screen from the main screen, at the very top upper left corner. After that, I have to put 30 icons (that are on top of each other) in the trash. Sometimes my folders (where the icons were from) empty, sometimes they don't.

Littlecube141
Punch Card
Message 80 of 542

Well I would like to say the 2.1 update is great compared to the 1.5. My only issue.. really not a big thing. not sure if anyone has noticed or it just might be me. but when I place a contact on either of the 7 screens, the picture on the contact disappears and a bluesetting screen is placed.... It happens when you turn off the phone or happens after a while. Idk its not a big deal, but was not sure if anyone was getting the same thing with there phone. im sorry if that makes any sense lol but its hard to describe

Picture below