Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marvin02
Bit Torrent
Views: 204
Message 81 of 542

Re: Upgrade to 2.1 -- official thread for problems, questions

If your phone is acting strange, weird, funny, or just not working right after the 2.1 upgrade a reset may fix the issue(s).

Many have found a reset after upgrading to improve phone performance a lot.

You saved the backups you made prior to upgrading, right? So you are as ready as you're going to be to do a reset.

You get to the reset function on 2.1 by going to:

Menu->Settings->Privacy

then tap Factory data reset.

After the reset (or on first start after an upgrade) I suggest that when you get to the first setup screen you hit the menu key and set up WiFi if possible. Syncing will be much faster.

----

I am a volunteer. The MotoXprt tag means I spend too much time here. The opinions expressed in my posts are my own. I use a Backflip. If my advice doesn't make any sense - ignore it! Android 2.1 Upgrade - My take

Message was edited by: marvin02 because he can't tpye verrry weel

Introduced to Android by the Moto Backflip
mrmogneblack
What's DOS?
Message 82 of 542

reboot the phoen for motoblur login mine did it too

MissIndepndnt86
What's DOS?
Message 83 of 542

@WANDA ROBERTS

Yes, the icon did show up, and the phone still vibrated with calls, just not texts. BUT, I factory reset the phone earlier today, and it's back to normal. Not sure what the heck happened, but glad it's fixed!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 84 of 542

MissIndepndnt86 wrote:

@WANDA ROBERTS

Yes, the icon did show up, and the phone still vibrated with calls, just not texts. BUT, I factory reset the phone earlier today, and it's back to normal. Not sure what the heck happened, but glad it's fixed!

Glad to hear you are back up and running. 

J

xXRed98FlamesXx
What's DOS?
Message 85 of 542

when i tried upgrading to 2.1(Eclair), it looked like it updated correctly. but after the first boot. or every time i try to turn on my backflip, it takes me to a black bootloader screen with a blue background for the text. i dont think i did anything wrong during the update. i followed the steps on the website and had all the requirements. is there anything i should do? if it cant get fixed, will it be able to be replaced? i hav had my fone since july so my warranty is still up, i believe. 

Photo46.jpg

The text on the blue line says "Bootloader USB Init"

lnxfrk
What's DOS?
Message 86 of 542

@shankarnikhil88  - I've noticed the items place in a folder showing up on top of each other on the third to the left of main screen as well. I had though the upgrade triggered this but have noticed it a few days after the upgrade too.. strange huh?

wroberts1970
What's DOS?
Message 87 of 542

Yay... awesome... glad it's fixed too!!!!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 88 of 542

xXRed98FlamesXx wrote:

when i tried upgrading to 2.1(Eclair), it looked like it updated correctly. but after the first boot. or every time i try to turn on my backflip, it takes me to a black bootloader screen with a blue background for the text. i dont think i did anything wrong during the update. i followed the steps on the website and had all the requirements. is there anything i should do? if it cant get fixed, will it be able to be replaced? i hav had my fone since july so my warranty is still up, i believe. 

Photo46.jpg

The text on the blue line says "Bootloader USB Init"

Try this first:

1.    If stuck on the 'Power Up' screen for more than 15 minutes  or ‘continuously power on/off’.

Steps to Fix Issue

1. Remove and remount the battery and power up, if the phone still does  not boot up to the Welcome to MOTOBLUR screen, then perform the  following Factory Reset instructions.
  2. Turn on your phone by pressing the power key and camera key at the same time.
  3. Continue to hold down the camera key until the screen displays "PLEASE RELEASE CAMERA KEY", let go of the camera key
  4. Press the Down Volume button - You have 10 seconds to press the Down  Volume button. (If you fail to press the key in 10 seconds, simply turn  off your phone and start over from Step (1) on this page.)
  5. Wait for the "!" to appear.
  6. Touch the bottom right corner of screen and swipe up to “unhide” the  below screen. Or press Alt and L keys at the same time on the keyboard
  7. A "Motorola system recovery" screen will be displayed with the  following selectable options: Use volume or touch to highlight. Click  enter or touch to select.
    a.    reboot system now [Menu+Back]
    b.    apply sdcard:update.zip [Alt+S]
    c.    wipe data/factory reset [Alt+W]
  8. Select "wipe data/factory reset [Alt+W]" and press "OK" at the bottom left corner.
  9. Wait for the phone to wipe
  10. Select "reboot system now [Menu+Back]"

Good luck,

J

xXRed98FlamesXx
What's DOS?
Message 89 of 542

at step 2, it doesnt show me wat it should show in step three D: it shows me the same screen i posted

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 90 of 542

Also remember that Motorola took the time to put together this to help everyone out.  Check it out here:https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/58840/

Theres alot of helpful things here.

Thanks,

J