Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMoto Blur PhonesBACKFLIP™ with MOTOBLUR™
All Forum Topics
Options

36 Posts

03-31-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

Calendar bug - repeated event problem (duplicates over multiple days)

2010-04-15, 17:49 PM

I entered a calendar event on my BackFlip for someone's birthday that repeats once a year with a 1 week reminder.  I have it set with the same start and end time (8:00am).  The BackFlip calendar shows the event on multiple days following the true event (e.g. 25 days)!  The calendar syncs with Outlook but Outlook doesn't seem to show multiple entries.  If I edit the event with Change All Events in the Series, it is shown with a Repetition of "Custom... (not editable)" though I'm not even aware of a way to create a Custom repetition entry so it clearly wasn't entered that way.  I've entered a number of similar birthday reminders and they all have the same problem.

I found a workaround.  If "All day" is checked when the event is created instead of a time, it seems to work correctly without splattering them over the next several weeks.  Also, when the event is edited, the Repetition shows "Yearly (on April 17)" for example in this case.  I guess I can re-enter all of the data but fixing the bug would be much better.

Options

2717 Posts

03-09-2010

United States

21 Signins

234 Page Views

• Views: 234
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Calendar bug - repeated event problem (duplicates over multiple days)

2010-04-15, 18:19 PM
This does not solve your problem, but if you use gmail for your contacts and you enter birthday info there you can have the birthday info show up on your calendar without re-entering the info.
Introduced to Android by the Moto Backflip
Options

36 Posts

03-31-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2010-04-23, 0:58 AM
Update:  It turns out that what I thought was a workaround doesn't avoid the problem.  Setting the events as All Day events seemed to avoid the problem with some entries but not others.  A bunch of those items have the Repetition entry changed to "Custom . . . (not editable)" and they repeat every day for many days instead of every year.  The calendar application is a fundamental application that needs to be solid.  Any hope of a bug fix?  Does Motorola have a history of fixing bugs or ignoring them?
Options

36 Posts

03-31-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2010-04-25, 22:41 PM

The bug can be worked around by entering the repeating calendar entry in Outlook rather than on the BackFlip phone.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms