Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMoto Blur PhonesBACKFLIP™ with MOTOBLUR™
All Forum Topics
Options

36 Posts

03-31-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Google contacts don't sync since upgrade to 2.1

2010-12-02, 16:06 PM

My Google contacts haven't been syncing for almost a month with no visible indication!  Calendar and Gmail have been syncing fine but Contacts haven't synced since 11/05 (when I upgraded to 2.1).  Seems related.

Triggering a sync spins the activity wheel for a few seconds on the data and synchronization menu under the Google account, but then it stops spinning and remains on the screen.  The date never updates.  Turning sync off and then on doesn't help, and Google now has hooks into other parts of the phone so that the Google account can't be deleted without doing a factory reset!

It seems like Google contact sync has inherent problems - I had a similar problem back in 1.5 that required a factory reset to fix.  It's a shame since sync is such a vital part of smartphones.

Any ideas short of doing a factory reset?

Options

2717 Posts

03-09-2010

United States

21 Signins

234 Page Views

• Views: 234
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Google contacts don't sync since upgrade to 2.1

2010-12-02, 17:43 PM

craigbez wrote:

. . . .

Any ideas short of doing a factory reset?

I can't think of any solutions other than a reset, unless you have some app that is interfering.

----
I am a volunteer. The MotoXprt tag means I spend too much time here. The opinions expressed in my posts are my own. I own a Backflip and a Flipside. If my advice doesn't make any sense - ignore it!

Introduced to Android by the Moto Backflip
Options

36 Posts

03-31-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Google contacts don't sync since upgrade to 2.1

2010-12-02, 18:35 PM

Update.  I did some experiments and it seems that it is syncing some changes but not all (however the last sync date doesn't change).  No clue as to what gets sync'd and what doesn't.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms