Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMoto Blur PhonesBACKFLIP™ with MOTOBLUR™
All Forum Topics
Options

36 Posts

03-31-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Hundreds of contacts with "Unknown" linked profiles - ideas to fix?

2010-06-14, 22:25 PM
I synchronize contacts with only two sources - Outlook and Google, with roughly 1000 contacts, most are listed in both places.  I don't sync Facebook, or others.  Most if not all contacts show "Contacts" (relates to Outlook) and "Unknown" under Linked profiles.  Only a subset list "Google" under linked contacts. Any ideas?  Should I also see "MOTOBLUR" listed?  Only 9 of 1000 list "MOTOBLUR"!  Something seems really hosed up.  Also, if I go to Account Settings/Google, under Contacts, it shows the last sync date as 3/31/10 and has an error message "Sync is currently experiencing problems.  It will be back shortly."  I can manually start a Google sync but it always gets the error message (though it seems to sync).  It's disappointing that the Backflip can get into this mode, but I'm hoping that there is some way to clean it up and keep it clean.
Options

2717 Posts

03-09-2010

United States

21 Signins

234 Page Views

• Views: 234
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Hundreds of contacts with "Unknown" linked profiles - ideas to fix?

2010-06-15, 1:47 AM

I have seen reports in other threads that Motorola is having server problems. Your problem may be related to that.

Your problem could also be related to a Google syncing issue (I have seen this happen briefly before).

Any phone that depends on syncing with outside servers can have problems if those servers are not working correctly.

Does having the 'Unknown profile' linked cause you issues calling or texting your contacts?

Introduced to Android by the Moto Backflip
Options

36 Posts

03-31-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Hundreds of contacts with "Unknown" linked profiles - ideas to fix?

2010-06-15, 3:26 AM
Problem resolved - the hard way.  After reading about similar problems on other forums, I decided that the best way to resolve it was to do a factory reset and then sync everything again.  It worked.  My contacts are now sane, there are no "unknown" links, and Google syncs correctly.  Before doing the factory reset I tried downloading a couple of apps to delete all contacts but they didn't work on the Backflip.  I think that my contacts got screwed up just after getting the phone but I'm not sure what caused it.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms