Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMoto Blur PhonesBACKFLIP™ with MOTOBLUR™
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

06-02-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 4

Skype video call on Android 2.1/BACKflip

2010-11-11, 21:39 PM

Hi, I was able to upgrade my backflip to Android 2.1 and installed Skype. I'm able to make voice calls over Skype. But there seems to be no way to do vido. Does anybody know how and if that can work? Thanks.

Options

26 Posts

10-20-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Skype video call on Android 2.1/BACKflip

2010-11-12, 1:24 AM

I know for a fact Fring works with skype and on the backflip.... during setup it will tell you no go, but just change the settings; it works because we have the "option" for a "front-facing" camera.

Options

11 Posts

11-04-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2010-11-12, 15:21 PM

Heh, funny because last night I was experimenting with video calling.. here's what I found out.

1. Skype does NOT do any type of video calling.

2. I downloaded Fring which is a nice app, but discovered recently that Skype has denied Fring the ability to communicate with Skype users through video.  So no Fring to Skype calling period.

3. Fring also does not let you video call with any type of IM user.. atleast the ones I tried, which was MSN and Yahoo!.

4. Fring video calling to mobile truely amazed me, first I tried it with me calling my girlfriends Ipod Touch.. worked flawlessly.. I was really impressed.  I was connected through WiFi by the way.

So in short I would for sure download Fring if I was you, it is truely an amazing app and can see more potential as time passes.

Options

1 Posts

11-02-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2010-11-12, 17:51 PM

Since the 2.1 update, the Tango app is another video calling app avail to the backflip. It automatically syncs contacts that have the app. Android and Iphone users too.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms