Options

35 Posts

02-01-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 3

Bravo 'locks" with white screen during FM radio play

2011-03-12, 20:17 PM

Still somewhat a newbie of 2 months and continue to enjoy my Bravo.

However, a problem has popped up 4 times now during my "FM Radio" playing albeit rather intermittently.

After a length of time, the phone screen goes to the all white with ATT logo and totally locks. No phone and the power button stops working.

I have discovered my only option is to let the battery drain down to 0% although the white screen continues to shine bright (definitely concerned with possible damage from permanent image burn. When the battery drains to 0%, I simply plug-in the re-charger and all is fine with the phone.

Very odd and very frustrating since the normal phone function is totally locked out of operation.

Has anyone else encountered this strange situation? (again, it happens ony during the standard "FM radio" app is playing)

I'm also trying to find a better app option for using as a FM Radio and hopefully AM radio without need for WiFi, etc. For WiFi connection, the app "TuneIn" is absolutely fabulous!

As usual, thanks in adavnce to the Bravo community.

Jim

Dayton, Ohio

Options

99 Posts

11-14-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Bravo 'locks" with white screen during FM radio play

2011-03-13, 14:52 PM

Jim,

Rather than letting the battery drain down to 0, have you tried removing it? I know this won't address the overall issue, but might help you recover from it faster.

dcedte

Options

35 Posts

02-01-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

Re: Bravo 'locks" with white screen during FM radio play

2011-03-14, 22:54 PM

dc,

Thanks for the suggestion - I've also conidered it, too. My concern would be losing all settings and, more importantly, my >200 business and personal contacts.

I'll keep monitoring to see if a repeating pattern seems to be associated with the freeze.

IIRC, I've read blog posts that intimated the Bravo is prone to freezing - perhaps Android 2.2 will address that issue?

Thanks again for the support here - sincerely appreciate this community!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms