Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMoto Blur PhonesBRAVO™ with MOTOBLUR™
All Forum Topics
Options

35 Posts

02-01-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 5

Data usage via *DATA# (*3282#) not working

2011-03-30, 12:46 PM

Since I am on 200MB plan, I have been using *DATA# (*3282#) to get message updates of usage status and avoid surpassing the 200MB limit.

I normally use WiFi to access internet, radio streams, etc; HOWEVER, I notice when screen timesout, I lose WiFi connection and data shifts to ATT network and charged against my 200MB.

Alas, for the last week I am now getting "We're sorry. Requested information is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

1. Is this happening to anyone else?

2. Any good apps via Marketplace that can provide this information on a current, up-to-date basis?

3. Does ATT provide access to this account info via an app?

I noticed some widgets (3G Watchdog) warns to not install on SD card - not sure what this means or how to control the install process.

Seeking help (again) from the Bravo-ites here! :-)

Thanks, y'all!

Jim

Options

132 Posts

01-14-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Data usage via *DATA# (*3282#) not working

2011-03-30, 17:51 PM

I used the *DATA# for a while too but I got that same message once and ended up putting the myAT&T app on the phone. You can quickly log in and check data and text usage. I like the 3g Watchdog Pro. Once you have it set up with your plan numbers it will be very close to the number that AT&T comes up with. I also like APNdroid. With it you can shut off all 3G/EDGE/GPRS usage if you are close to your 200MB. The reason Watchdog should not be installed on the SD card is that it is a service and could be interupted by USB connection and SD file transfer. If you are running low on phone memory I would move large files like games to the SD card. (I put a 32GB chip in when I first bought my Bravo-good investment-I'm not even close to maxing out on phone or SD) Good Luck Jim!

Options

2733 Posts

03-08-2010

United States

1 Signins

4 Page Views

• Views: 4
  • Message 3 of 5

2011-03-31, 5:40 AM

I have just checked and *DATA# works for me. It gave me the usage data. I, however, am on the unlimited data plan. As Michael said, I suggest installing myAT&T app.

Options

35 Posts

02-01-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2011-03-31, 13:00 PM

Thanks guys - here is an update:

1. I downloaded 3G Watchdog (free version) and it seems to be working OK.

2. I assume it was downloaded to the SD card - no options were available.

I have a business plan that includes internet and my business landline.

3. I downloaded MyATT but could not register - error message indicaes I have to register under "Business Premium" services.I go to "Business Services" and get an error message.

Arghhhhhh!

Questions:

What problems if 3G is downloaded to SD card?

What is the difference between 3G Watchdog and MyATT?

Any reason to upgrade to 3G Premium?

Thanks again!

Options

2733 Posts

03-08-2010

United States

1 Signins

4 Page Views

• Views: 4
  • Message 5 of 5

2011-03-31, 15:01 PM

3G watchdog is active (meaning it monitors your use all the time and can alert you when you are close to the limit). myAT&T is passive (meaning that you have to remember to log in and check the usage). Also, if myAT&T has an issue, might mean that you should call at&t and tell them and there may be some setting on your account preventing you from doing those things.

And by default all the apps, including the watchdog, will be installed onto the phone internal memory so no problems there.

Hope this clarifies things.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms