Options

3 Posts

01-31-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 11

FM Tuner App 4 bravo

2011-01-31, 22:49 PM

I just got my MOTO Bravo, and overall it is a fantastic phone.  Love everything about the phone - except the AT&T radio tuner app.  As others have said it is "primitive".  There is no way to create more than 1 favorite station (actually, if you change the station the favorite hanges), and you can only step .2 mhz at a time.  Is there a moto-proprietary tuner APP available?  Preferably one which is designed more consistently with the android interface - like sliding you finger to change frequency at more than .2 steps?

If not, is there an SDK available that exposes the FM tuner API?

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 2 of 11

Re: FM Tuner App 4 bravo

2011-01-31, 23:25 PM

No idea about 3rd party apps - maybe the market? API questions are best asked over at the developer site:

http://developer.motorola.com/

Sorry, i don't have better answers.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

34 Posts

10-13-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 11

2011-02-01, 15:24 PM

Mark:  I don't want to break any forum rules so please remove this post if it violates any Motorola rules.

Motorola has introduced a new music player called:  MotoBlur Connected Music Player.  It appears to be an incredible update to the "Music" app that comes with the Bravo.  It features everything the "Music" app does plus an FM tuner that is much, much better than the AT&T Radio app.  The tuner has presets that you can easily flick thru; and it will show the RDS data from participating FM stations showing call letters, artist and title information.  Shoutcast internet radio and a basic version of SoundHound music ID app are also included.

The app definitely rocks when I installed it on the Bravo.  You won't find it in the market; but it can be sideloaded.  I won't pass along any more info but you can surely use Google to find out more info.

The FM tuner in my Bravo is now a joy to use!!

Maybe Mark can give us a hint if this app will be officially released for the Bravo.

Options

35 Posts

02-01-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 11

2011-02-01, 20:26 PM

Thanks dave for your post.

As a new Bravo owner for 10 days now, I also was disaapointed with the ATT Radio FM tuner and even contacted their radio supprt email address. Unfortunately, they simply acknowleged my suggestions for a possible new version..

1. Is there a link to access the FM app you are now using?
  2. Is there a subscription fee?

Thanks!

Jim

Options

3 Posts

01-31-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 11

2011-02-01, 21:05 PM

Hi Dave,

That's a fantastic bit of news, but apparently all the downloads of it have been removed.  I guess you were one of the lucky ones to grab the files before that happened.  I tried looking for a cached copy somewhere to no avail.

The real question is why moto isn't releasing the thing... I guess the carriers have them in a bind somehow?

Options

16326 Posts

11-22-2013

United States of America

11 Signins

305 Page Views

• Views: 305
  • Message 6 of 11

2011-06-23, 23:51 PM

Demodave wrote:

Mark:  I don't want to break any forum rules so please remove this post if it violates any Motorola rules.

Motorola has introduced a new music player called:  MotoBlur Connected Music Player.  It appears to be an incredible update to the "Music" app that comes with the Bravo.  It features everything the "Music" app does plus an FM tuner that is much, much better than the AT&T Radio app.  The tuner has presets that you can easily flick thru; and it will show the RDS data from participating FM stations showing call letters, artist and title information.  Shoutcast internet radio and a basic version of SoundHound music ID app are also included.

The app definitely rocks when I installed it on the Bravo.  You won't find it in the market; but it can be sideloaded.  I won't pass along any more info but you can surely use Google to find out more info.

Maybe Mark can give us a hint if this app will be officially released for the Bravo.

Demodave wrote:

Mark
Former Employee
Options

35 Posts

02-01-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 11

2011-06-24, 11:55 AM

Thanks for update.

I downloaded from weblink that forwarded to "My Apps" - then easily installed.

Now, how do I access the new "FM/Music" app?

As always, thanks for your help!

Options

34 Posts

10-13-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 11

2011-06-24, 15:51 PM

Mark,

Is there any update to the MotoBlur Connected Music Player?  Will an official release be forthcoming?

Options

16326 Posts

11-22-2013

United States of America

11 Signins

305 Page Views

• Message 9 of 11

2011-06-24, 16:12 PM

@Demodave/freeperjim

If it isn't included in your Bravo FroYo (Android 2.2) upgrade or Backflip Eclair (Android 2.1) then it was not slated for this device. Sorry I don't have mine on me at the moment.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Options

16326 Posts

11-22-2013

United States of America

11 Signins

305 Page Views

• Message 10 of 11

2011-06-24, 16:17 PM

@tim

I don't know but since there is a FM App from AT&T it may conflict or be in competition with our Connected Music Player application. Those links were removed as the Connected Music Player is a copyrighted app and therefore cannot be shared on sites other than ours.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms