United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 1

Persistent Gallery folders and thumbnails

2013-01-02, 0:34 AM

Fellow Bravo users,

I was goofing around today with the Camera and Gallery apps today and found 2 unexpected folders named messages and AMEX-travel. One (messages) turned out to be thumbnails sent from a friend last Halloween. Using the Gallery application to open the folder and select all and then delete did nothing. OH Boy a new challenge!! using the USB and my PC I was able to access the DCIM folder and locate the thumbnails. I removed them from the phone's folder but now the gallery thinks they are still there and has the picture Icon. Instead or the thumbnail.

OK let me cut to the chase. It took about 3 hours of hunting and trying what other Moto and Android owners have done. Removing cache files etc. The sequence I used to finally get back to the one new picture I took vs 35 in 3 different folders was to go to Settings- Applications - Manage applications - All Tab - scroll down to  Media storage select and press Clear Data and a force stop too. Follow the same for the "Media Share" app as well. Next  was back up to manage the "SD Card and phone storage" and Unmount the SD card and then remount. All done. I also picked up some hints on how not to have folders show up in Gallery using the .nomedia filename within the selected folder going forward.

The Clear Data option has helped remove lots of stumbling blocks in the past with other apps (Google Maps etc.) so I should have thought of that first. Always learning.enlightened

Anyway Happy New Year & welcome to 2013

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete