01-26-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 1

Random Music Play Solution

2011-04-15, 20:06 PM

After experiencing the Random Music Player problem for a few months I have arrived at the following solution and it works perfectly. The solution is so simple I can't believe it, but it works.

In order for this to work for you, you must download and use an aftermarket music player like DoubleTwist (highly recommended, especially with the AirSync module) or your own favorite. Because in essence, we are going to hamstring the Android player with a dead playlist. And you will need to leave the stock player in that condition always, to effect this solution.

Here's how I did it.

I created a playlist in iTunes that contains no songs, but you could do that other ways.

Then sync that list to your Android phone.

Place the Android Music desktop widget on an unsed home page on your desktop where it can sit and not bother you.

Open the widget and select playlists and choose the empty one.

The widget will say "Selected playlist is empty.

Now just leave it that way all the time and ONLY USE YOUR AFTERMARKET PLAYER FOR YOU PLAYBACK NEEDS.

Your Done.

I regularly check the Task Manager for open and running apps and almost always find the Android Music player has been launched but hasn't made a sound!!!

Unless they have fixed the original code issue that's causing the problem and didn't tell us about it, which could be a consideration.

Anxious to hear your thoughts and test results. I might just be nuts!!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete