06-21-2017 01:55 AM
We currently have a Bladecenter S Chassis with 6 blades, 1 Nortel Ethernet switch, 2 SAS Raid controller modules and 2, 6-disk storage modules.
The problem we have with our SAS Raid controller modules occurs when we connect to it (using Telnet or SSH). About 5 minutes after the start of the module we get the error "Unable to communicatie with the controller". This happen with every command we issue to the controller.
When we restart the module, it works again for about 5 minutes and after that the same issue occurs.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
06-21-2017 02:38 AM
There are no important events regarding my RSSM controller, but i have discovered that our controllers are rebooting several times.
When we first reboot them, they work fine and we can issue commands to them.
But then they reboot by themselves and the problem occurs.
02-27-2018 10:55 PM
Perform 'alert -get', maybe you can find why controllers reboot. If no useful alert, try below steps:
1. Put both controllers to service mode.
2. Turn off both the controller using AMM gui. and shut down the chassis.
3. Pull all the drives 1" out in the bay and restart the chassis.
4. Turn on both the RSSM and wait until those binds and be primary and secondary.
5. Put both the RSSM to service mode again.
6. Update the RSSM firmware to the latest using NCCL method (process is in README).
7. Once update is complete, let both the controller to bind. once binded properly insert 1 drive at a time and wait for 2 min between each drive insertion.
8. Collect FTDC log, AMM log and related CLI logs. Verify everything is working fine. Then update latest RSSM firmware using NCCL. Update latest AMM code, try again.
If any of the controller does not work in this process, check with PE there may be a need to replace the controller or some other parts.