02-09-2017

US

4 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 1 of 3

CMM factory reset IMM2 Implications

2018-07-12, 21:52 PM

We have a client's Flex chassis with redundant CMMs. They have a Power node in it, which tells me they are CMMs and not CMM2s.

They have no one left at the account with Flex knowledge.  They don't know the CMM login credentials.  I suspect they have

the CMMs set to something like a 10.10.x.x network.

We have discussed doing the 10 second button reset, but are not finding specific answers to a couple things.  

When the CMM resets to 192.x.x.x, will the IP for the I/O modules also revert to the default 192.x.x.x they come with?

Are those strictly for internal communication with the CMM if they do, and will I just need to change them back to something

the CMM can talk to? (e.g. 10.10.x.x.)

What about all the IMM2s on the Intel nodes and the FSP on the Power node?  Will they stay untouched, or change to something 

along the 192.x.x.x default lines?  If I get permission, I will reboot the nodes and go into the uefi, grab the IMM2 IP, and put it back in

after the reset if it changes.

Have you seen this reset done where there are also VMs involved, storage, replication, etc.?  

Thank you.

Options

166 Posts

04-23-2015

JP

723 Signins

6145 Page Views

• Views: 6145
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: CMM factory reset IMM2 Implications

2018-07-13, 7:06 AM

Hello.

Basically, IP address of IO modules are back to default one (192.168.70.xxx, or obtain DHCP IP ) when CMM configuration is restored to default.

On the other hands system Management processor on Node remain own IP address setting though CMM configuration is back to default.

So after restored IP communication,  re-configure CMM and I/O module IP address setting but no need to configure IMM2 IP setting. I'm not familir with FSP but it may be a same.

Thank you.

Options

71 Posts

12-05-2016

US

89 Signins

742 Page Views

• Views: 742
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: CMM factory reset IMM2 Implications

2018-07-14, 3:35 AM

FSP will behave the same way - maintain the old IP until the FSP itself is restarted (if configured for DHCP) or re-configured from the CMM if configured for static.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms