Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geowil
Fanfold Paper
Views: 727
Message 1 of 5

Hardware Installation Service

I am trying to get the hardware installation service (part number 5AS7A02051) we purchased redeemed but I am getting the run around from Lenovo support.  I called technical support on Monday and after getting through the call tree (which is total rubbish by the way) I ended up at an outsourced support number owned by IBM.  I gave the rep the information on why I was calling and he forwarded my case over to the hardware support team.

It apparently was after hours as I got an email stating I should call them back in reguards to my case.  I did so this morning and the tech that answered stated that the Hardware Support team does not handle hardware installations and that I needed to call the sales support team for that.  So I called in on the main Lenovo support number again.  Since there is no "sales support" option I just choose option 1 for an existing order.  The rep I got there said that they did not handle anything related to hardware installation and that the technical support/hardware support team was who I should call.

So I am getting a run around.  We did not recieve anything from Lenovo on how to redeem this service; no emails and nothing came with the server itself.  How can we redeem this service (part number 5AS7A02051) or get a refund for that specific service since it appears to be something we won't be able to use in a reasonable time frame?

Geowil
Fanfold Paper
Views: 691
Message 2 of 5

Re: Hardware Installation Service

So, Sales support directed me to the wrong department (Thinkpad support).  The customer support rep she got was as bewildered as I was when she said that the sales rep team only had one number and it was to their department.  He then stated that we needed the server support team to which she replied yes but she could not reach them and knew that he could transfer me there.

This is the same hardware support team that I called this morning that stated that they did not handle server installation support.  After he talked with his technical lead he hot transfered me back to the main Lenovo support number and dropped me off with a tech support agent with the worst phone quality I have ever heard; I could barely hear her and there was a ton of static on the line.

Instead of helping me with my issue she created a new support case and stated that someone would be calling me from server support.

So, my question.  Why the does no one know how to handle this hardware installation service?  We paid $607 for this thing and it is not acceptable that we cannot get a hold of someone that knows what they are doing.  The product number for this service is 5AS7A02-051 Hardware Installation Server with Operating System.

Does anyone here know anything about how to get this thing started?  Or how to refund it as it is looking like Lenovo has seriously dropped the ball and we won't get a clear answer on how to set up an installation appointment.  It is not an insiginificant amount of money for something that is apparently not supported/handled/acknowlegded by ayone so far from Lenovo (literally 9 different customer support, sales support, technical support reps so far).

Highlighted
Lenovo Employee anish_mathai
Lenovo Employee
Views: 644
Message 3 of 5

We're sorry for the inconvenience. I am looking into the situation and will request someone to reach out to you once you've provided the relevant details requested via PM.

Anish Mathai

Lenovo Employee anish_mathai
Lenovo Employee
Views: 618
Message 4 of 5

Trust that you've heard back from the concerned team and received required details. Kindly mark the thread as resolved or revert in case of anything more.

Thanks!

Geowil
Fanfold Paper
Views: 617
Message 5 of 5

Hello Anish,

Thank you for getting me in contact with the right team. After spending hours playing phone tag with phone support I find it somewhat stupefying that I had to come to a community forum to get this dealt with.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors