cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Medya
What's DOS?
Views: 43,050
Message 1 of 6

how can I disable the proximity sensor ?

Hey guys I broke my phone's touchscreen glass (and the proximity sensor stopped working after that) 

now when someone calls me the screen become's UnTochAble , so I can not for example dial a number or Hang Up when I am in a call . 

I undrestsand it is because the phone's proximity sensor that thinks the phone is close to my ear and it shouldn't allow any button to be pressed.

how can I disable this feature so I can still use my phone ?

I tried to download and install  DHD Proximity Sensor Recalibrator 1.8 (1-Jun-12) but I can not install that applicaiton either it says Package Parse Error

so is there anyway to disable the Proximity Sensor for Motorola Charm ? (yes my phone is rooted)

galandt
What's DOS?
Views: 42,925
Message 2 of 6

Re: how can I disable the proximity sensor ?

I have the same problem, I'm using a headphones, I hope that Motorola help us whit this problem please!!!!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 6

There is no help except to have it repaired.

jood42
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 6

I don't know if this phone works the same way as the Droid Razr, but you can try this, which I found on another forum:

1. Open the dialer and put in ##7764726 and press call.

2. Enter 000000 (six zeros) for the SPC code.

3. Scroll down to Proximity Sensor

4. Disable it

I had exactly the same problem and this disabled the proximity sensor for me. If it doesn't work, try calling your carrier's support and ask for the equivalent code and password for your phone.

Team_Terrific_R
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 6

Jood42,

Thanks so much!  Just discovered your post after struggling with this issue for MONTHS!  I must have pursued dozens of threads with no idea how to fix or better yet just disable my busted proximity sensor (a Droid Razr Maxx), your simple instruction worked like a charm.  No more (hopefully) black screens with outgoing (almost always) or incoming (sometimes) calls.   The Google forums were useless to even admit there was a problem, let alone how to fix it.

Thanks again.

Highlighted
StevenStanleyBa
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 6

Tested with MotoE XT1023. Should work with all or most Android devices. Look for Version 2.0 or higher of Proximity Sensor and Screen by Steven Stanley Bayes.

Does not require neither root access nor any third party frames nor products.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stevenstanleybayes.proximitysensor&hl=en

OR

Go to Google Play Store with your device. Click " APPS ". Click the magnifying glass of

the search. Type exactly, character by character, :

Proximity Sensor and Screen by Steven Stanley Bayes

PLEASE, NOTE : MUST BE TYPED EXACTLY AS SHOWN, EXACTLY AT THE " APPS " TAB OF GOOGLE

PLAY STORE, BECAUSE THE SEARCH ENGINE OF GOOGLE PLAY STORE IS VERY SENSITIVE.

Click on the displayed app with the same name and author to download and install. The

application is also available in many other app stores and online which may or may not

show after a general purpose search with google.com and a web browser but some forums

where the links are posted may show.