Options

9 Posts

11-12-2009

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 21

Android 2.0 - Holy cr4p!!!!

2009-11-12, 2:26 AM

I know motorola takes a look at these forums.......WHERE IS MY ADROID 2.0 for my Cliq?????????

I feel cheated when asking motorola for an answer and they simply tell me the Droid is going to have 2.0. Atleast give us an answer, either yes or no!!!!! My 14 day remorse period is almost ending...

Options

297 Posts

12-01-2006

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 21

Re: Android 2.0 - Holy cr4p!!!!

2009-11-12, 2:40 AM

Ask Google and T-Mobile the same question. Probably not up to Motorola.

~SnappyD

Options

9 Posts

11-12-2009

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 21

2009-11-12, 3:03 AM
Tmobile says it's up to motorola, Google already rolled out 2.0 so its not them. I guess we are just gonna go in circles for an answer.
Options

4197 Posts

02-25-2016

US

2146 Signins

35065 Page Views

• Views: 35065
  • Message 4 of 21

2009-11-12, 3:15 AM
I'm going to use the Q9c as an example here because it was released on numerous carriers. when windows mobile 6.1 was released about a year and a half ago, the Sprint version was the first to get it. Verizon was next, and that (for the most part) was it, even though the Q9c was also released on Alltel, US Cellular and numerous other carriers. Basically Google comes up with the Update, and then Motorola makes it work for their phones, and then it is up to the carrier to decide if they want to make the upgrade available (after they test it and make any carrier specific customizations). So really T-mobile has the final say
*the search bar is your friend*
-This is a peer to peer support forum, MOTOXPRTs are volunteers, not Motorola employees
Options

8 Posts

11-09-2009

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 21

2009-11-12, 6:52 AM

no 2.0 for cliq means no flash player

Message was edited by: march7th
http://home.leakdroid.com/2009/11/flash-10-1-coming-to-android-in-first-half-2010-adobe-page-says-is-a-go/

Options

297 Posts

12-01-2006

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 6 of 21

2009-11-12, 7:19 AM

Just read this message by trancemist. I think he puts it into perspective best.

Answer me this. Is T-Mobile Motorola's customer or is Motorola T-Mobile's customer?  .... simplify... Does Motorola pay T-Mobile for phones or does T-Mobile pay Motorola? If you agree that T-Mobile is Motorola's customer and T-Mobile pays Motorola for phones, then it's logical that T-Mobile would have to decide they want an update and be willing to pay for that update. Then ask yourself what prevents Motorola from offering the update? T-Mobile choosing whether or not to have the update.... Then throw in Google.  Exclusivity..... What Google wants... Google gets... so yeah they may put 2.0 up but to allow a manufacturer to put a device into production that has exclusivity rights without Google's permission might land one a call from their legal team.  Just speculating ofcourse.

Just give it some time the phone hasn't been out that long. No one wants a software update that is half baked. I'd rather get some patches and live with the phone how it is on the ship firmware than risk moving to a less stable newer release.

There was a post on the Droid side where a guy named werddrew was compiling everything into one thread. Brilliant idea... Perhaps that would be better for everyone's cause if someone took that action on this side of the fence.

~SnappyD

Options

32 Posts

11-04-2009

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 21

2009-11-12, 16:22 PM
This is fully up to MOTO this time.  (While T-Mobile "could" say no..  They are not)  Traditionally, it would go from Google to Moto for testing then to T-Mobile to distribute...  But in this case its a bit different Updates for the Cliq come straight from MOTO due to BLUR.  T-Mobile is all for the upgrade and is not standing in the way of this one.  Moto simply has to take 2.0 and modify it for BLUR and give it to us.  The question is "will they"  I believe they will.  But come on MOTO give us an answer.....
Options

14 Posts

11-05-2009

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 21

2009-11-12, 16:45 PM
Mind you the following is pure speculation but on another thread regarding flash support it was said the other phone which was remained nameless (Not hard to figure out) has a exclusivity agreement in place for a limited time.  I think it is a safe bet that we will get the toys once that exclusivity agreement expires.  The big question will be how long the exclusivity is.
Options

9 Posts

11-12-2009

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 21

2009-11-12, 20:55 PM

All I ask is for Motorola to simply say ANYTHING on the matter. EXCUSES are

not EXPLANATIONS, plain and simple. It remains a fact that I am a Tmobile

subscriber that bought a Motorola product, that makes me a customer of

Motorola as well.

If as a consumer I can't complain about something important as software

updates then let me get the KY Jelly ready so I can take it like a champ. At

the very least I should atleast have the satisfaction of knowing if the

product I purchased with my money will be updated or not, that's all. If

Motorola says No they will not update, I will be perfectly fine in knowing

they have given out a statement and not leave their customers in the dark.

I just hope they do it before my remorse period. Cliq is a nice phone but

I'm salivating over 2.0. If Moto gave me the phone for free then I would

gladly shut up and take it. If I'm paying, I can vent...plain and simple

Good day

Options

18 Posts

10-28-2009

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 21

2009-11-12, 21:10 PM

Venting is all good and everything, but...

Better to hold one's tongue and have people think one is stupid than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt...

Come on everyone, if you really think about this, of course the Cliq will get an update. This whole matter is a tempest in a tea pot and the employees of the large corporations are bound by NDA's and internal policies to not discuss these matters in a public forum. This will all play out shortly and TMo and MOTO will announce an upgrade to 2.0 is available. There will be more than a few who may feel a bit sheepish when that day soon comes.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete