Older Devices ArchiveMoto Blur PhonesCLIQ™ with MOTOBLUR™
All Forum Topics
Options

30 Posts

11-13-2009

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 13

Considering Returning My Cliq - Who else is?

2009-11-13, 14:13 PM

Well I got my Cliq 7 days ago and since then the phone has become more and more of a challenge to use. Is anyone else having the same issues I am?

1. Sliding interface for answering calls. The lack of touch response from the screen makes the phone difficult to answer calls. At leasy my G1 had a hard key to be able to answer my calls.

2. Contacts - adding exchange sync without the ability to choose "what" you what to sync is horrible. I now have 4000+ contacts in my phone and its eating memory and I cant install any more apps.

3. Alarm Clock - if I barely touch the screen when its going off it snoozes, WTF, I have to touch the screen to SLIDE the damn thing to stop it. I DONT WANT A SIMPLE SNOOZE, I want a simple on off.

4. Contact Linking - On this screen the slightest touch links a contact, I have had to unlink more contacts then I have had to link in my phone, this I suppose is due to the next issue.

5. Lack of touch sesitivity - I originally thought it was the screen protector I put on my phone, but its not. I scroll the phone sits there, I go to surn my alarm off it snoozes, I go to link a contact as soon as I touch the screen if its the right person or not it links, then I have to unlink and try to scrool through my list again.

6. Lack Of Trackball - I never realized how much I actually used the trackball on my G1

7. Lack of 1.6 - Donut runs 10 times better then 1.5 and now I am stuck with 1.5 again cause Moto refuses to do anything with this phone. Its just a shame that I spend $200 on a phone and dont get what I want out of it.

So what should I do?

Is anyone else having these same issues?

Should I return and get myself a MyTouch? - But i really want a hardware keyboard

Moto if you are reading this, what was your marketing strategy here? Offer a phone with NO UPGRADEABILITY to a community who is used to being able to upgrade and customize their phone? I think you really need to take a hard look at your user base. Android wasnt designed for the mom and pop user. It was designed for people who USE the customizability of Android to do their day to day tasks. I dont think you realized what you were getting into. Especially whe it comes to us former G1 owners.

Options

5 Posts

11-12-2009

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 13

Re: Considering Returning My Cliq - Who else is?

2009-11-13, 15:44 PM
I had bought 3 handsets and they all had the same problems you're experiencing. I exchanged all 3 for G1s. The screen problem was too much, it was driving me nuts trying to swipe through a list.
Options

12 Posts

11-07-2009

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 13

2009-11-13, 15:49 PM
I am returning it for sure.  I made the decision last night when the battery didn't last from 9 am to 5 pm with moderate usage.  The battery is a piece, the contact thing is ridiculous.  The not being able to sync with outlook is ridiculous.  I have tried several times to sync with outlook on motoblur to receive error messages everytime.  The phone is not at all business person friendly.  Don't they realize these days that business people are becoming younger and younger and want the same social tools?  I am waiting for T-mobile to release the blackberry 9700 on November 16th and going back to a user friendly format.  Forget this google forced crap.  If I wanted to use Gmail, I would have signed up for it on my own.
Options

394 Posts

11-06-2009

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 13

2009-11-13, 15:54 PM
I'm not, here's .
Options

30 Posts

11-13-2009

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 13

2009-11-13, 15:55 PM
I feel your pain Kiverson, but I am a GMAIL Reject from hell. I love my Gmail and its the whole reason I moved to an Android phone in the first place. Google makes the world go round, but this phone is a POS for sure. Ill be going back to my G1 most likely.
Options

30 Posts

11-13-2009

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 13

2009-11-13, 16:01 PM

Trance while I do understand the argument look at it this way.

The reason 90% of us moved to Android was the customization of the phone, upgradeability, and its open source mantra.

The MotoCliq defies all of this. It uses an outdated version of Android, doesnt support upgrades (currently), and its barely open source as none of the devs for the phone can find a way to get into the OS to make roms or changes. MOTO may not condone "rooting" of the phone, but at least release a Dev phone, or something similar so we can makes apps for the phone and make sure they work with MOTOBlur.

Looks to me like Moto jumped into the Amdroid market to make a few quick bucks without realizing what the Android community actually was. If Moto cant comment on 2.0 cause of some "deal" with verizon then I am not interested in their hardware. Ill go back to my beloved HTC phones where customer support is superior, and they actually let their phone be upgraded.

Ill be damned if I am going to pay $200 for a piece of hardware that is not upgradeable when I could have saved $30 by going to a MyTouch and having android 1.6 compatibility. Not to mention 2.0 coming just around the corner.

Options

68 Posts

11-02-2009

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 13

2009-11-13, 16:13 PM
I haven't had a single problem with mine, it is very responsive.  However, I am floating around 100 contacts, I can't even imagine having 4,000!
Options

17 Posts

11-14-2009

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 13

2009-11-14, 5:10 AM
I honestly couldn't care less about the Android system, or the google community for the most part, all I wanted was a smart phone that was geared a little closer to someone my age.  While I'm enjyoing the phone in general, I'll be damned if I'm going to continue to get a mystery error message when trying to synch my Microsoft Exchange account without so much as an explanation as to what's wrong.  I've got two weeks, and in that time the 9700 comes out.  I might just be making a very important trade-off.                   
Options

3 Posts

11-14-2009

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 13

2009-11-14, 6:36 AM
Mine is a lovely phone - takes time to get used to and to organize it properly, but once done it is a great phone, beats others as far as I am concerned.
Options

3 Posts

11-01-2009

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 13

2009-11-14, 16:58 PM
Love mine. Does everything I want and loads more. Sure I'd like the new versions of Android, but I'm not going to stress if they don't come.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete