Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMoto Blur PhonesCLIQ XT™ with MOTOBLUR™
All Forum Topics
Options

19 Posts

08-19-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2821 of 3263

Re: CLIQ XT 2.1 T-Mobile upgrade - News (Second Edition)

2011-02-03, 23:05 PM

This is so lame! We all have our sob stories about this piece of crap, but I guess I'll write my last one.

I bought this phone the FIRST DAY it came out after weeks of researching all the Android phones at Tmobile.  In hindsight, I never should have trusted written and oral statements by both Motorola and Tmobile that this phone would be upgraded by the end of Q2.

The problem was that I believed it and believed that a big company like Motorola probably could deliver an update if, at release time, they were already "seemingly" working on it. Add to that the fact that the XT seemed to be a newer version of the Cliq (minus keyboard) and one would think that I was getting the latest and greatest Android phone(at least in the Tmobile line of choices at the time).

Here we are almost a year later and it's practically a paperweight. In the process, Motorola has looked incompetent on so many levels it's amazing. Let's recap just a few:

• Moto developpers being outdone by the dev community for the upgrade
  • Marketing blunders like the recent Cliq2 "upgrade" email blast
  • Product management incompetence from day 1(and even prior to launch) thinking/saying there was a roadmap for upgrades
  • A complete lack of any sense of PR throughout the process (announcing set backs the day of deadlines after months of quasi-silence just to name one)

I will never buy a Motorola product again and will share this experience to any friend considering a Moto product in the future. You scammed me out of $150 and you have never shown any remorse for doing so at any point along the way.

☆☆☆Implied profanity removed.  Please review the house rules on posting appropriately.☆☆☆

Message was edited by: ѕзгνвοτ χ

Options

2 Posts

03-24-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2822 of 3263

2011-02-03, 23:06 PM

Sadly (or happily) I'll never purchase another Motorola product again. I've been with T-Mobile since my days in highschool (back when it was called Powertel) - nearly 15 years. I was an avid fan and owner of motorola phones exclusively from the v60, the RAZR, the PEBL, and a host of others up through the Cliq XT. It's simply a shoddy device and poor foresight on the part of Motorola. Fortunately, because I have been a T-Mobile customer for so long, I received excellent customer ervice from them. I called them a few weeks back and politely commented on the fact that I purchased the Cliq XT back in March 2010 and was promised an upgrade (and in all fairness, T-Mobile is not free from part of blame here) and was very frustrated with the overall performance of the device. To my surprise, the very helpful customer service representative told me they could provide me with a free replacement device and gave me the choice between a MyTouch 4G and the new G2 (and even gave me 2 day shipping) I went with the G2 and cannot tell you how happy I am with the phone. It most or all HTC devices are this slick, then they have a new fan. Now, I'm sure my post will be edited in some way because of my praise of a competitor's device, but then again Motorola has millions of devices out there, so why worry about a few hundred people here complaining about this particular debacle.

I'd also like to mention that I'm a product line manager with a relatively well known Health information and imaging technology company and I specialize in the management of mobile device applications. I would say that the whole handling on the CliqXT fiasco should be a clinic on how not to approach product line and brand management.

Options

2011-02-03, 23:14 PM

I like the Xt hardware and what it is capable of it after ****ing it and installing a custom ***.  OCing it really made it shine.

The processor in this device is capable of 748 MHz and is capable of scaling back to 122MHz when not being used.

After ****ing it and OCing it, it runs great now.

Options

73 Posts

06-30-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2824 of 3263

2011-02-03, 23:22 PM

If he gets fired, he can sue them.

Motorola just announced on this forum that today was the official date anyway and that my posting of the conversation had NO influence on their schedule.

That's what they said, right?

Options

14 Posts

11-10-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2825 of 3263

2011-02-03, 23:30 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen...I think this is a fair definition of the word "Smackdown"...Boy I think someone upstairs is going to be pooping bunnies and bears what with the Xoom trying to build steam...

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/03/cliq-xt-wont-get-android-2-1-upgrade-motorolas-word-as-good-a/

Viewed on my MyTouch 4G from my buddies over at TMo.

Options

144 Posts

10-25-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2826 of 3263

2011-02-03, 23:37 PM

What a horrible way for this thread to die.

And judging by the cliq 2 forum in tmobile site I think it's gibbs be the death of moto too.

I hope

--

Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Options

10 Posts

10-07-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2827 of 3263

2011-02-04, 0:11 AM

Exactly what was expected. I'm really surprised they left off "but we have many new and exciting devices available for purchase".

Worst part is that Google broke the app store for 1.5, and no mention of 1.5 anywhere on their support pages. Installing and updating apps is a losing crapshoot now.

So I rooted and installed a 2.1 rom last night. It works perfectly, and is as fast as the stock 1.5 was. I'm not sure what "basic performance" issues moto was having, and I really don't care anymore. I now have a phone that does everything I want and everything it is capable of, and when it dies, I'll be sure to give my money to another manufacturer.

Thanks for the months of entertaining posts, though!

Options

139 Posts

07-03-2010

Brazil

13 Signins

241 Page Views

• Views: 241
  • Message 2828 of 3263

2011-02-04, 0:29 AM

Now I think the question is:

Since there is no upgrade, will be upDates for this phone? Such a waste of time.. to fix an old system but ..... each one pick their own decisions.... Moto picked the worst for them in all the senses

angourakis
Options

74 Posts

04-06-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2829 of 3263

2011-02-04, 0:29 AM

Well Matt I am gonna call --implied profanity removed-- on this going back to 2nd qtr last year you

knew there was problems and apparently they got worse so yes months and

months of bs and lies i know that this decision didn't just come up in the

last couple of weeks it was more then likely in the past few months. In the

end it doesn't matter i rooted and am running 2.1, but this community

deserves a better apology then this update statement not that it matters see

what everyone will see is the lies and deceit that your company feed us for

almost a year

Sent by my not so crippled now Cliq XT

Message was edited by: Mark (Forums Manager)

Options

30 Posts

08-03-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2830 of 3263

2011-02-04, 0:41 AM

And another one:

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7-20030577-251.html

As I mentioned before, spread the word outside of this forum. Help our "Best Friends" at motorola.

In typical business an unhappy customer will spread the news to 10 other potential customers and 10 happy customer will bring only One new customer. Way to Go Moto. Keep the same strategy and it will not be long at all untill you will be selling your assets to another company overseas.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms