Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teri_allton
What's DOS?
Views: 148
Message 101 of 118

Re: CLIQ: Can't Login to my MotoBLUR account

I apologize I am just now getting back to you! I lead a busy life, (thus my need for this type of phone!) and sometimes I swear there are not enough hours in the day! Anyway....... I fixed it! Unfortunately, I am not sure what exactly did it! First, I changed my password on the MotoBlur website on my PC (for the 3rd time) again. The thing in the notification bar that is supposed to come up never did, but it never has in the past either, even when my phone was working! I turned the phone off and on again. It did what it did before, which was go to the screen where you hit "English" then "start", and then it tries to automatically log you in, because it populates your name and password for you. I knew it would'nt go through of course because I just changed that info! So when it was done, I changed the password to the new one, and tried that. Again all I got was that same error message. So I tried again. Power cycled, started the auto-login, only this time, I hit the back button. Basically because I was being impatient! LOL! So it went back to the 1st screen. I decided to try and use WiFi even though the data connection had all bars. Then it went to the screen where it asks if you want to use an existing account, (it was bypassing that before to do the auto login) which I chose, and then I re-typed everything in with my new password. This time it went through!! It took like 6 minutes, but it worked! So I have no idea which thing made it happen since I did so much differently this time! Hitting that back button, using WiFi, or changing the password and re-typing everything over the auto populated stuff.

So if anyone is reading this because you are having the same problem, all I can say is to try each thing here, or do it all exactly as I did! The only thing is, everything came back up except for my T-Mobile contacts! It syncd everything in Facebook, my e-mails, etc, but not the contacts that I manually put in the phone that were not linked to any of the social networks! All I had to do to get those was to go into my apps, open "manage sim card" and then choose "import sim card". Now everything is great! Well, the phone lags a little, and there are some things that have changed with the upgrade that I don't really like, but nothing that's a big deal! I LOVE the new features! It's just petty stuff, for instance, when I'm on the internet and hit settings, the "exit" or "close" isn't there anymore! So it leaves those windows up in your browser. There is another way to close them, but it takes longer. So like I said, petty, nothin to write home about! And the lagging thing isn't bad, and seems to be getting better, so not a big deal either.

I hope this helps! And to Eagle328, thank you so much for responding! I do appreciate it very much! I ended up fixing this before I saw your reply, but that's only because I didn't have time to check my computer for a reply that morning, I just tried what I could very quickly before work, and that happened to fix it! I'm sure you'd have had the solution! So thanks anyway!

nikkib
What's DOS?
Message 102 of 118

Same problem

However I have to use the code so I can by-pass the blur activation to use the phone to make calls....it works but pain in the butt.... here is the code

right when you get to the choose a language screen hold the button on the front ....settings button "the four squares"

and tap the language button and it may ask the language but hit the back arrow then it will give you the layout for the keyboard...

then press this code into it

--hidden menu codes removed-

Message was edited by: Mark (Forums Manager)

helpplease1
What's DOS?
Message 103 of 118

Well then, this was quite the disappointment. Right now, I got my Cliq three days ago, and I found out apparently 2.1.5. for it came out. I updated, and couldn't login, whereas when I first booted it up, I could make an account, and also do whatever needed to be done. When I downgraded however, back to 1.5, I found out I still could not login. Now it's about 12 AM in Central Texas. I had a chat with customer support for motorola and t-mobile, both said to go to the other, and I got my phone from Frys, where they offered it unlocked. IMEI: 351555042270759, I really need to fix it, as it's the only thing I can use to call as of now. PLEASE help, I've browsed through the forums and found hard resetting it does nothing, but I can login to the MOTOBLUR portal perfectly fine. I cannot however, trace where the phone is, or wipe memory. I've made multiple email accounts, and none of them allow me to login. When I try to make a new one on the phone, it doesn't allow me to register, and the Terms and Conditions just say content here. I'm going to consider shipping it back, because it seems like a pretty good phone, compared to what I used to have, but prone to flaws like this. (We need a SIM, and MOTOBLUR, so that's one of the largest hindering factors)

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 104 of 118

@helpplease

Upgrade the phone again to 2.1.5.

Once you've done that answer the following questions:

Are you on 3G or WiFi when you try to log into the phone?

If so: What error do you see when it fails to login?

If not: Get to 3G or WiFi coverage and try again.

What happened when you attempted to factory data reset? What step did you get stuck on?

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
helpplease1
What's DOS?
Message 105 of 118

The error that pops up on both of them, is the timed out error.

I'm also on 3G after upgrading, and both times I try to login, 1.5 and 2.1.5.
I've also used the WiFi for both times.

After I attempted a factory reset, it didn't get stuck, it said the menu + back combo to exit out, which I did, since the reset was successful.

Moto Emeritus
Message 106 of 118

1. Can you give the exact error when it times out?

2. You mentioned you used 3G both times and WiFi both times. This is conflicting. Did you try WiFi twice and 3G twice? Are you trying an open WiFi network or a secured WiFi network? If secured can you try another one?

3. Is your phone currently on Android 1.5 (System version 1.6.1) or Android 2.1 (Version 2.1.5)?

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
helpplease1
What's DOS?
Message 107 of 118

1. Error signing into account: The request timed out waiting for a response. The account may have been incorrectly created.

2. I tried each one separately, and it's a secured WiFi network, and no I cannot as of now.

3. I currently have it updated to 2.1.5.

Highlighted
Moto Emeritus
Message 108 of 118

helpplease

Sounds like both your 3G and WiFi connection are poor based on the error. The phone is timing out because the communication isn't made fast enough to authenticate the account in the time that is allowed. If you can swing by a McDonalds or other open network to get it connected, you should be fine.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
tivatyone
What's DOS?
Message 109 of 118

Hi Mark,

Not sure if this is the right place to post my question, but maybe you can help me. Once I click on locate phone what happens on the phone side (Cliq XT). Does it show a notification on the phone, or some sort of an alert?

Thanking you in advance for your help,

Nancy

helpplease1
What's DOS?
Message 110 of 118

Alright, I'll try to stop by or do it when I can find a place with a decent enough connection.

Thanks for the help.