Did you mean: 
Mekishiko
What's DOS?
Views: 2,050
Message 1 of 118

CLIQ: Can't Login to my MotoBLUR account

I Setup my BLUR account online in anticipation of the arrival of my phone

account setup fine.

Phone arrived 4 days later, and it wont let me log in (on the phone)

Claims my password or user name are incorrect, so i click FORGOT PASSWORD and it emails my Gmail, I reset it, still the same problem.

What sucks is I can log into the Blur account from my PC, just not my phone, and the stupid phone doesn't allow you to bypass BLUR setup so I can only call 911 as of now.

Thumbs down :smileysad:

Help?

Administrator
Administrator
Message 2 of 118

Re: CLIQ: Can't Login to my MotoBLUR account

This should work to perform a Manual Factory Data Reset.

1. Press and hold the Camera key down, then tap the On button.
2. Release the Camera key when advised.
3. A black screen appears, with green writing. At this stage press the Down volume key to select Recovery Mode.
4. An icon appears, showing a triangle containing an exclamation mark above a handset.
5. Slide open the keypad then press and hold the ALT key and tap the W key.
6. The handset will restart to complete the reset.

When you're asked to register for BLUR, pick existing account and use the new password that you entered on the BLUR portal.

Let me know if this works!

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 3 of 118

@mekishiko-

Did the password you established online when setting up the MOTOBLUR account for the first time possibly have a space in it? If so, this space is automatically removed.

After you reset your password online for MOTOBLUR did you try to login using the same email address and password just established on MOTOBLUR website?

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Mekishiko
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 118

My password contains no spaces

I am still able to login to the motoblur website no problem, it just caintains zero information about my phone, and everything is grayed out.

I did the reset procedure detailed here, still no go.

Administrator
Administrator
Message 5 of 118

When you try to log into the Blur account on your device, did you put your new password -- the one you reset to on the Web Blur portal -- in all three of the password fields? That's not as clear now as it will be, and it could trip you up.

This is an unusual situation so I will ask a dumb question -- do you have your SIM card inserted?

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Mekishiko
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 118

all 3 of the password fields on the website? Yes

I went back to try and reset it again and the site is down (yet again)

-When Turn on my phone I am presented with a SELECT LANGUAGE screen. I select english, and click NEXT

-Then I am presented with a LOGIN TO YOUR MOTOBLUR ACCOUNT screen with 2 text boxes, one labeled MOTOBLUR ID and the other labeled PASSWORD

when I type in the credentials (That work online, when the website is not dead) I get the folowing message box

LOGGING INT MOTOBLUR with a Red Status Bar, it goes half way and another box pops up stating ERROR SIGNING INTO ACCOUNT: YOUR ID AND/OR PASSWORD WERE NOT RECOGNIZED. PLEASE VERIFY AND TRY AGAIN. IF YOU FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD CLICK THE FORGOT PASSWORD BUTTON TO HAVE IT SENT TO YOUR EMAIL.

and then I can click OK and it goes back to the Login screen, at which point I can choose to try and login again or I can click FORGOT PASSWORD, either of which starts the cycle all over again.

The sim card is in, i can pull down the notification bar and see text messages. It's rediculous that I can't even just say F* the Motorolla Data Mining Software and use the phone as a regular Android device, but since I can't login to the MotoBlur crap I can only call 911.

I love it when a 400$ device doesn't work :/

Administrator
Administrator
Message 7 of 118

Ugh. Sorry! I'm calling in the troops. If you could enter your actual IMEI number in your profile that would help -- it gives us something to go on.
Mekishiko
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 118

Added my IMEI on my profile thanks

Yeah, talked with t-mobile for an hour, they basically had a manager say they cant fix it, and to call Motorolla.

I called motorola, the support guy said that You CAN NOT create an account with the motorola tool on the internet, he said you MUST create your account with the telephone in order for the account to synch up with the phone.

I asked him if he could just delete my un-useable account from the online system so I could just re create it.

He said no he can't and that I should just make more email accounts whenever I run into problems like this :/

awesome.

So I asked again if he could just delete my Unusable Blur account from the website, he said no, and to contact Tmobile.

Currently on skype with Tmobile for 25 more minutes, they are telling me that I have to contact Motorola.

3 hours of wasted time today, and I still have what in essence is a $400 "Help I've fallen and I can't Get Up" Medic Alert device :/

Come on Moto I'd Imagine You'd already shot off all your toes already!  4 thumbs down

Administrator
Administrator
Message 9 of 118

Ouch!

You are getting some bad information there. Here's what I think might be happening right now, plus some info.

• The problem may be tied back to your experience with Blur portal being down. If that's not working, probably nothing else you did COULD work. No Blur on the Web, no Blur on your CLIQ. First thing we need to do is make sure that is working for you. I should have figured that out myself when you posted it earlier but mine was working fine and it didn't occur to me.
  • Our agent should not have told you to call T-Mobile about deleting a Blur account. If you abandon a Blur account, we wait a decent amount of time -- make sure it's fully abandoned -- and then we put it humanely to rest. No worries there. (We will find that agent, and when we do! Well, when we do we will review the training with them...)
  • You can try setting up a new Blur account when you register next time, but there's no reason I can see that your original one shouldn't work once your overall Blur issue is resolved.
  • Thanks for the IMEI number. I've sent it to the smart people who can look to see if there is anything weird going on with your account.

Hope you can hang in there. I feel your Blurry pain.

Mekishiko
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 118

Handed off back to motorola support, The tech is having me reset my password a bunch of times, take out my battery, try logging in over and over.

the portal works fine, i can log in no problem. it's just says my phone can't

Now he says I have to use WIFI for it to work (stupid seeing as how my data plan seems to be working good enough to hit the moto servers and tell me my account already exists)

Unfortunately Moto crippled the OS so i can't even check my MAC Address in order to use my Wifi (I have to do MAC security + others for the business I'm in) and the MAC address isn't printed on the sticker like every other device in the world