Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 356
Message 11 of 118

Re: CLIQ: Can't Login to my MotoBLUR account

Wi-Fi shouldn't have anything to do with it. If you have not tried the steps I suggested earlier (when your online Blur didn't work) I suggest you do those again.
Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Mekishiko
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 118

Moto has now told me that there is nothing they can do (Level 2 support) and that I have to tell Tmobile to do a remote wipe of my phone, and then I am supposed to ask them to deleted my Blur account. at which point I can re-create it with my telephone.

So called tmobile back, and now they tell me I just have to wait and it will all work in 48 hours.

Motorola has lost a customer, I will keep this phone for a few weeks and return it before my 30 day trial period is over.

I spent 5 hours on the phone today with support, le sigh.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 13 of 118

So sorry. We have people looking at your issue and we'll pass along what we learn. Hate to lose you, though.
Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Not applicable
Message 14 of 118

I would like to comment on this.

First off, these instructions worked for me. Thank you! But I have a use case that maybe someone should know about as being a problem.

1) I set up my phone when I first got it using a strong password for the blur account creation.

2) I was unable to log into the blur website a few days later with the correct password.

3) The password recovery process is only a RESET process.

4) This broke Blur on my phone.

5) All attempts to fix this through the Blur app on the phone were completely useless, citing the same errors from this thread.

6) I reset my password on the website to something VERY easy (like the word qwerty)

7) I followed these excellent instrucitons to reset the handheld.

8) My handheld and website both worked with the password qwerty.

9) After recovery I used the HANDHELD to change my password to something more complex (I used a long password including a #-sign in this case)

9) The website WILL NOT accept the new password with the #-sign.

I realize now that there is something fundamentally wrong with the coordination between the Blur app on the handheld and the website when dealing with passwords using non-standard characters. This is probably a bug. To be sure I have now repeated this process using a different set of passwords, the complex one still using a #-sign having the same results.

As I type now, my web Blur account is locked out because I don't want to take the time to repeat this process a 3rd time. Fortunately the phone is in good working order.

This could be solved by the password recovery process actually sending the password instead of a link to chang ethe password. I don't like that kind of a solution, but it's obvious that motorola has a problem here.

In the mean-time, the best suggestion I can give others is...

1) Don't trust me, try it yourself, I might be a crackpot

2) Don't use anyhting other than standard numbers and letters in your password until this problem is fixed.

Mekishiko
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 118

It is not a password issue, I broke down and used an Alternate eMail account (The one with my residential DSL service)

I understand this entire time that it is a problem with the online system that wasn't letting me connect with my phone. But utilizing an alternate eMail address was something I did not want to do because I like to have things that are important/permanent to be on my Gmail for this very reason:

a Motorola rep called me today and told me that they were doing maintenance on the portal and that is why it wouldnt work, so I should be able to do a factory wipe and sign up with the portal account i signed up with Gmail.

So I did, and it still didn't work, same problem.

the Motorola rep also adamately stated that there is no way to change the Email address associated with the account, (A practice that MS Xbox realised was stupid and eventually corrected) so in 2 months when I move and use cable internet service, I will not have access to my old DSL email account.

KevQuoi
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 118

Due to WiFi related phone rebooting problems I've changed my handset for the 3rd time. Phones4U won't exchange for  a like device despite the problems reported and even Orange saying I have the right by law to do so, Sale of Goods Act 1979, goods not fit for purpose, Trade Descriptions etc. On a sidenote OfCOM took them to task for this very thing in 2008 and apparently Phones4U "cleaned up their act". Nope.

Anyway, I got home and turned on the Dext. I can't get past the BLUR login because it won't let me! It doesn't recognise my account neither will it let me create a new one.

So now I've got an expensive electronic brick that I can't use to even complain to anyone.

Not happy.

Oh, and people refer the the Motor Blur web site, where is it???

Mekishiko
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 118

www.motorola.com/mymotoblur

I know it's crazy there is no link to it on their main page, I couldn't find it until the Support rep told me the address.

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 18 of 118

Mekishiko-

Could you please perform a factory reset and then attempt to set up the original gmail account you first established?

Certainly log on to the MotoBlur Portal first to verify credentials if you are unsure of your current password.

Then report back to me if it works.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Mekishiko
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 118

I have done this (System restore with the ALT-W or ALT-L and ALT-W) atleast once a day in hopes of getting it to log into the system, but it doesn't work.

Mekishiko
What's DOS?
Message 20 of 118

So I dunno what magic you did (I literally did this procedure this morning at 8am PST [well technically yesterday morning]) and I had the same result.

However I just did it again right now 1:59AM and it worked!

weirrrrrrrrrrrrrd.

thanks for all of your help.

Now If I can find some relief as far as the availability of OS Updates ....