Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fzkhan
What's DOS?
Views: 364
Message 1 of 30

CLIQ randomly restarting

I noticed this started happening about a week ago. The phone just simply shutsdown and restarts - there are no error messages. Blur Version is 2.1.5.MB200.

poohster
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 30

Re: CLIQ randomly restarting

I have the same issue but on two Cliq phones. I thought my old Cliq was fubarred and being out of warranty, purchased a new Cliq off ebay. Transfered evrything to the new phone the same issue came on the new Cliq. I spoke with Motorola tech and they said to send in the new Cliq for them to examine. Huh? Why would two phones from 2 years apart experience the same issue? Should not be the hardware. Especially if the device is new.

Read through several threads and I don't know if Motorola is addressing this issue. I guess because this is an old platform.

Blur version 1.6.1.MB200.

poohster
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 30

I have the same issue but on two Cliq phones. I thought my old Cliq was fubarred and being out of warranty, purchased a new Cliq off ebay. Transfered evrything to the new phone the same issue came on the new Cliq. I spoke with Motorola tech and they said to send in the new Cliq for them to examine. Huh? Why would two phones from 2 years apart experience the same issue? Should not be the hardware. Especially if the device is new.

Read through several threads and I don't know if Motorola is addressing this issue. I guess because this is an old platform.

Blur version 1.6.1.MB200.

mlsloan7
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 30

I have noticed my phone do this a few times too! Mostly when I am moving around and accessing apps, it will just close down on me. Highly frustrating, but not to often enough to feel I want to get rid of it. I am already due for an upgrade but I can stil use it and like it, so I will wait for the upgrade.

mlsloan7
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 30

I have noticed my phone do this a few times too! Mostly when I am moving around and accessing apps, it will just close down on me. Highly frustrating, but not to often enough to feel I want to get rid of it. I am already due for an upgrade but I can stil use it and like it, so I will wait for the upgrade.

poohster
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 30

Might be my imagination but I think the random restarts or reboots have stopped. I haven't recharged my battery in several days. Weird!!!!!

poohster
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 30

Might be my imagination but I think the random restarts or reboots have stopped. I haven't recharged my battery in several days. Weird!!!!!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 8 of 30

What did you do before it stopped? You might have the answer a lot of people could use. Its always been hard to pin down this issue.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 8 of 30

What did you do before it stopped? You might have the answer a lot of people could use. Its always been hard to pin down this issue.

poohster
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 30

I haven't changed any of the routine. I typicalling shut my during the day since it can not be brought into the office. My guess it may have a couple of days now that it stopped. I will try to monitor phone as much as possible to see if this still occurs. Sorry, that I couldn't provide any specifics to remedy this issue. Really, I don't think I did anything. previously I wiped all downloaded apps and stop all google automatic syncs and doing it all manually. This had no effect.