Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BradR
What's DOS?
Views: 313
Message 11 of 16

Re: Cliq doesn't work with Plantronics 360 headset

I also have a Plantronics 360 that has pairing issues with my Cliq.  The first week - no problems.  Now, aftering turning the headset off (required for charging) the Cliq reads "Paired but not connected" and won't connect until the Cliq is powered off and restarted (a real pain). Is this an incompatibility issue?
Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 12 of 16

@mewziik-

Sorry about the tardy response I didn't see the notification previously.  There is a software update coming soon that may improve connectivity. There could however be some compatibility issues though I am fairly certain Plantronics pays close attention to the same Bluetooth standards that we do. I'm not sure if we did compatibility testing with this model headset. I use the CLIQ with a older bluetooth car kit and it works fine.  What people fail to realize is that it is necessary to power cycle your Bluetooth enabled phone every 2 days in order to keep the Bluetooth working properly. It's not necessary to power the phone off for a long period of time. Just power down and power back up every two days to refresh your phone.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Moto Emeritus
Message 13 of 16

@BradR-

And you click the Plantronics 360 headset and it does or doesn't attempt to "connect"?

I would try power cycling the phone every two days and hopefully that will help it pair better if you are getting an error when trying to "connect". Paired just means that the phone and headset have each other in their memory but do not have an active connection.

Can you share with mewziik the exact directions that you used to get your phone and headset paired?

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Highlighted
BradR
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 16

Mark wanted me to let you know how I paired my Plantronics 360 and Cliq... First, on the Cliq, get to Settings/Wireless Controls/Bluetooth Settings/Scan for devices.  Prepare the Plantronic per directions - from 'off,' hold the on button until it flashes alternating red & blue. On the Cliq, push scan for devices and the Cliq menu will read 3XXPlantronics (along with any other local device). Choose the Plantronics and they should become paired.  If the pairing does not connect, turn the Cliq off then on and then reconnect by going back to Settings/Wireless Controls/Bluetooth Settings/ 3XX Plantronics "Paired but not connected" - tap to connect. I have to redo this every time I recharge the headset, but a software fix may be coming (per Mark @ the Forum).
BradR
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 16

Hello Mark,

Every time I charge the headset, the Cliq refuses to connect until it is power-cycled, even if it's 2-3 times in one day. It will show paired but not connected, I try and it reads "connecting," then times out without connecting. Only power-cycling regains the connection.

Moto Emeritus
Message 16 of 16

BradR said:

Hello Mark,

Every time I charge the headset, the Cliq refuses to connect until it is power-cycled, even if it's 2-3 times in one day. It will show paired but not connected, I try and it reads "connecting," then times out without connecting. Only power-cycling regains the connection.

@BradR

Do you have a CLIQ 2 or a CLIQ?

Mark
Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee