Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Views: 359
Message 21 of 31

Re: My Cliq shows Facebook as an account, but contacts from FB don't show up

Baxxy said:

Yeah, sorry. Ny facebook contacts have now been showing on and off, but this issue has taken a backseat due to others that I'm having so consistently that I'd rather throw the Cliq out my window than continue using it.

@baxxy

Them showing on and off is mysterious. Do you have both Facebook App and are using the MOTOBLUR Facebook plugin functionality? Just want ot understand your setup.  Did you say you have Facebook Contacts set to sync? If you are having other issues and want assistance. Please open a new thread for each issue if you can't find one already in progress. Out of curiosity. When is the last time you have reset your phone?

S.Ly said:

Hey, I'm having the same problem except this problem has persisted for about 3 months now... My friends Facebook pictures aren't being synced to any of my contacts. None of their pictures show up in the Facebook app, the Happenings, the contact list, dialer/text messages. Help!!! 

@S.Ly

Are you using the Standalone Facebook App from Facebook  and ours or just Facebook's? Are you choosing to show Facebook contacts in your phone? Is your phone upgraded to Android 2.1 or is it on Android 1.5? Tell us your system version. If you edit a contact, does it show Facebook in the contact's profiles with an inability to edit their email address or do contacts now show any record of Facebook?

Mark
Support Forums Manager 

Mark
Former Employee
S_Ly
What's DOS?
Message 22 of 31

I'm using the standalone Facebook App and I added Facebook to My Accounts. I already chose to show my Facebook contacts to my phone, but it stopped displaying or syncing any of my contacts. However, I've noticed that if I go to my contact list, none of my contacts have any info. I have their name, but their information (such as email address, etc.) aren't linked to Facebook at all. 

My phone hasn't been upgraded yet (which could possibly be why), but I don't know how to upgrade it either. Mind telling me how to upgrade and how to fix my MotoBlur? 

Moto Emeritus
Message 23 of 31

S.Ly said:

I'm using the standalone Facebook App and I added Facebook to My Accounts. I already chose to show my Facebook contacts to my phone, but it stopped displaying or syncing any of my contacts. However, I've noticed that if I go to my contact list, none of my contacts have any info. I have their name, but their information (such as email address, etc.) aren't linked to Facebook at all. 

My phone hasn't been upgraded yet (which could possibly be why), but I don't know how to upgrade it either. Mind telling me how to upgrade and how to fix my MotoBlur? 

Motorola doesn't have any control over the standalone Facebook App. The one you find in Menu > Accounts > Add Account is ours. If a second one is listed it might be the standalone app. Sounds to me like there is no Facebook account on your phone or you aren't displaying that contact group.

To check for the upgrade go here. I would have checked your version to see what you were on but unfortunately you didn't list your serial number in your profile.

Mark
Support Forums Manager 

Mark
Former Employee
Moto Emeritus
Message 24 of 31

S.Ly said:

This is a CLIQ(with keyboard) and not a CLIQ XT (without keyboard) correct? 

Mark
Support Forums Manager 

Mark
Former Employee
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 25 of 31

I was just about to ask the same thing, but you beat me again Mark.Wink

S_Ly
What's DOS?
Message 26 of 31

I have a Motorola Cliq XT. I just updated my profile to show my serial number too, by the way. I have Facebook account and the Facebook app on my phone. Even if I log onto my Facebook through the downloaded Facebook from Android Market, I still can't see any of my friends photos (only their names show up on the newsfeed). No pictures in my Happenings or Contact list either. So, how do I fix this?

S_Ly
What's DOS?
Message 27 of 31

Also, I'm having issues updating my software from system version Blur_Version.1.32.24.MB501.T-Mobile.en.US to 1.5. When I click on "System Updates" to check, my phone gets a pop up saying, "Your device is up to date! No update necessary."...

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 28 of 31

S.Ly said:

I have a Motorola Cliq XT. I just updated my profile to show my serial number too, by the way. I have Facebook account and the Facebook app on my phone. Even if I log onto my Facebook through the downloaded Facebook from Android Market, I still can't see any of my friends photos (only their names show up on the newsfeed). No pictures in my Happenings or Contact list either. So, how do I fix this?

S.Ly said:

Also, I'm having issues updating my software from system version Blur_Version.1.32.24.MB501.T-Mobile.en.US to 1.5. When I click on "System Updates" to check, my phone gets a pop up saying, "Your device is up to date! No update necessary."...

Your on the right software for the XT.It was never upgrade past what your on now.

Check you Facebook account online from a PC and see if in the settings Motoblur is an allowed app.

Moto Emeritus
Message 29 of 31

S.Ly said:

@S.Ly

Yes you should check on your Facebook Account to see if the MOTOBLUR app is blocked.

Secondly, I don't have my CLIQ XT phone on hand but there was an option in Android 1.5 to choose the picture source. I wonder if you possibly picked a different account as your picture source. It is mysterious that you say there is no information in your contacts for your Facebook contacts but you say the comments appear in news feed but not in happenings. Their comments should appear in happenings. Their pictures should as well however a different picture might appear in the happenings widget than in contacts based on what picture source is chosen.

Lastly, with Android 1.5 I don't remember if the compatible Facebook App would sync pictures.

Eagle328 might be able to confirm this before me.

Mark
Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 30 of 31

I will check out my XT when I get home to confirm Mark.