Did you mean: 
Highlighted
karthick_9
What's DOS?
Views: 44,954
Message 1 of 13

Outgoing calls are restricted by FDN

All,

From today morning onwards i am not able to make any outgoing calls/receive incoming calls. Its giving a message 'Outgoing calls are restricted by FDN'. I checked under call settings, it displayed FDN is disabled..I dont knw wht has happened...any help on this..

Karthick.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 44,862
Message 2 of 13

Re: Outgoing calls are restricted by FDN

Try power cycling the phone. If that doesn't work, you could try contacted T-Mobile and make sure it is nothing on your account. Other then that, it may require a full reset, but that should be a last resort as you will have to restore your data and settings. MotoBlur does most of this - but it will still take some time.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
karthick_9
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 13

Thank u fr d msg..

power cycling means 'factory data reset'..?

Girish
Broadband 3G
Message 4 of 13

Karthick_9,

Where was this phone bought? Where are you trying to use it(geographically) and on which network? I have a hunch that you are not on TMO network and also you have worked around the subsidy lock. Let me know the answer to the above questions and I will tell you exactly why you are seeing the error you are seeing.

karthick_9
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 13

Girish,

Thanks for ur message,,

This phone was bought in US-Newyork in the month of December 2009. It was unlocked there and i am using it in India from then onwards. It was working well since 4 months.The network on which i am using now is IDEA CELLULAR.

I have observed one more point, now if keep a VODAPHONE sim card in the cell..it is working fine..

Let me know how i have to proceed..

Girish
Broadband 3G
Message 6 of 13

Can you tell me from whom this phone was bought? Network operators in India have started using the GSM database for security reasons. Your phone is not working with most networks in India because

1. Your IMEI is not a commercial IMEI (this will mean that the phone was not purchased from TMO)

OR

2. Your phone has been reported lost, stolen or faulty

If you believe that your phone does have a commercial IMEI and/or has not been reported stolen, lost or faulty, you can try your luck with your network provider in India to see if they can get your IMEI added to the GSM database.

Vodaphone, it appears is currently not using the GSM database to check the IMEI and it'll just be matter of time before they do that as this would be mandated by the Govt for security reasons. Hope that answers your question.

BTW, the error about FDN that you are seeing is a bug with the mapping of the error being incorrect. The actual reason is, your phone is being denied registration with the network because the IMEI is not passing authentication.

karthick_9
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 13

Girish,

We have bought the cell from eBay..so it is valid one..we have all the bills..meanwhile i will talk with the IDEA CELLULAR about adding the IMEI to the database..so many thanks fr ur help..

pdznet
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 13

Any luck on this issue? I have exactly same issue and I am also using IDEA. Except that I bought my phone directly from T-Mobile and I also got official unlock code from T-Mobile.

Please let me know if you find a way to solve this issue.

TIA

karthick_9
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 13

Its nt resolved..we r chking the ways to overcome this..
pdznet
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 13

Sending my IMEI in SMS to 56263 shows that it is not genuine.

I have bought my phone from T-Mobile and got it officially unlocked still IMEI is not valid.

This is what seems to be the problem.

Please let me know if any one can guide me in getting my IMEI added or get a new valid IMEI.