Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DKage
What's DOS?
Views: 261
Message 11 of 45

Re: Post in this thread if you will never buy a Motorola Phone ever again

The Cliq is the first Motorola phone I have ever gotten.  And I will be reporting that it will be the last.  I am so disgusted with the deception and inefficiency of Motorola's customer service that I have no desire to give Motorola anymore time or money.  What happened with the 2.1 is plain and clearly deception - waiting until the very last possible moment demonstrates a complete disrespect to the customers who supported them.  I have no desire to support any company that clearly does not support me.

In addition to the update issue, I have had an issue with my Status widget that still has yet to be resolved after what is approaching 2 months.  I have not even received any timely updates regarding it.  Additionally, my Google Maps will not launch and I have received no help with that either.  I am fed up with being treated like my problems with their product don't matter.  I am looking into getting either the HTC or Samsung Vibrant.  But I WILL NOT get another Motorola product.

Gold08
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 45

http://i41.tinypic.com/2vvvn9k.jpg

tamp1
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 45

Another in the first and last camp

Not applicable
Message 14 of 45

yep count me in no-mo-moto  for me

Fish
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 45

btw...what's the facebook page for people that are upset about this?  I can't find it

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 16 of 45

@ Fish,

Lips2286 is the one who started the group, here is a post from him. I'm sure he will be able to tell you. https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/213004#213004

kyle971
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 45

i for sure will never buy another motorola phone. hopefully will be upgrading to a vibrant in the near future, why wont matt or mark give us an update? the only thing that motorola has done for me since i purchased my cliq was make up my mind of never buying another motorola phone again. i hope that motorola feels good about themselves right now! samsung or htc would never treat there customers like this.

mikemi1951
What's DOS?
Message 18 of 45

Not going to deal with this madness any longer. Ordered a Samsung Galaxy S yesterday from T-mob. The Cliq goes to eBay or into a sock drawer. It is difficult to believe that a communication company (Motorola) is willinig to lose customers by not communicating.

Epicanis
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 45

This is likely "Strike Three, You're Out" for Motorola for me.  The last two motorola phones I had turned out to have annoyingly silently-removed features and limitations.  Since they were relatively low-featured phones (a v188 followed by a RAZR™) I wasn't TOO bothered, just annoyed to think "hey, I just realized I can do this neat thing", only to find out that "well, I could have if Motorola hadn't inexplicably removed it from the feature set.

I got the "CLIQ™ with MOTOBLUR™" a little reluctantly, but it was the only phone other than the end-of-life G1 that had a real keyboard at the time, and I foolishly believed it was an Android phone (that just happened to have extra MOTOBLUR™ features added to it).  Wrong.

I'm downright livid that my only option to get the standard Android features I expected on this "almost Android" phone was to BUY ANOTHER PHONE, just a few months after shelling out for this CLIQ™.  At least T-Mobile gave me a decent enough discount that I was able to cram the extra cost into my budget.

Nerd that I am, if Motorola Mobile corporation was more interested in remaining engaged with it's CLIQ™ customers than in protecting upper-management from hearing things they don't want to hear, it's possible I'd have stuck it out and tried to work around the missing features.  Instead, Motorola Mobile corporation has demonstrated quite clearly that they just don't get it.  They're still stuck in the mindset of selling "appliances" that they shove out the door and then mostly ignore after they collect the money.

And MOTOBLUR™, whether they de-emphasize it or not, is the Internet Explorer 6 of the Android world, embedded like a tick deeper into the OS than it really should be, and holding back a large minority on an obsolete environment.

All this time I've still never been able to get confirmation that they haven't removed WPA2 Enterprise wifi support from the mystery 2.1 update.  I'm kind of guessing yes, just because it strikes me as the kind of thing Motorola Mobile Corporation would decide "Eh, 'consumers' don't care about that, just rip it out.  That'll give us room for another proprietary unremoveable shovelware application we can get paid to stick people with."

I'm STILL amazed at just how much active animosity Motorola Mobile Corporation has managed to inspire and maintained just by treating all but it's "DROID" customers as unpersons.

BlurryMoto
What's DOS?
Message 20 of 45

I made this account for the sole purpose of posting in this thread. We were having a re-occurring issue with my wife's Cliq, where it would not receive incoming calls. After 3 Cliqs, 2 SIM cards, and 2 batteries for a separate issue (her battery will die in 6 hours, even while charging) I finally convinced her to join the HTC bandwagon with a MyTouch 3G Slide. While not my personal favorite, at least it isn't manufactured by a company that was just boosting it's sales figures so it could sell it's mobile division. See: http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-07-19/motorola-said-near-1-3-billion-sale-of-unit-to-nokia-sie...