Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poco153
What's DOS?
Views: 3,039
Message 1 of 9

Stuck at Motorola Logo Boot Screen [2.1.5]

I've been running the 2.1.5 update since the first round of beta test emails. It's been slow, but certainly an improvement over 1.5.

Tonight, as I was allowing a few apps (Facebook and Google Maps) to update in the market, my CLIQ rebooted on its own and now no longer boots. I am stuck at the white screen with the Motorola logo. I tried pulling the battery, but it still will not boot. The battery was at ~60% charged when the phone shut off. There is no SIM in the phone, but this has not been a problem before - I only inserted a SIM to get the 2.1 update working, and have been running without one ever since.

Is this a common 2.1.5 issue, or am I working with bad hardware?

Thanks!

dj4aces
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 9

Re: Stuck at Motorola Logo Boot Screen [2.1.5]

Tried a phone wipe?

poco153
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 9

New symptom, then: the phone no longer turns on at all. I can hold the power button all I like, and when I plug in to power, the notification light blinks slowly, but I get no response from the phone.

EDIT:

Seems to be coming back now. No idea what happened, I just left it alone for a while and left it plugged into USB. Could have been reporting the battery wrong, I guess.

Wait... Wait... It just rebooted itself after booting up just long enough to show the lockscreen. Will try a hard reset and see if that knocks it back into working order.

Second Edit:

Managed to get it to boot into recovery and ran a hard reset. It worked for a bit, then started to reboot. Now it's back to doing nothing but slowly blinking the notification light at me. If I can get it back into recovery/fastboot, is there any magic I can work with ADB?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 9

poco153 wrote:

New symptom, then: the phone no longer turns on at all. I can hold the power button all I like, and when I plug in to power, the notification light blinks slowly, but I get no response from the phone.

EDIT:

Seems to be coming back now. No idea what happened, I just left it alone for a while and left it plugged into USB. Could have been reporting the battery wrong, I guess.

Wait... Wait... It just rebooted itself after booting up just long enough to show the lockscreen. Will try a hard reset and see if that knocks it back into working order.

Second Edit:

Managed to get it to boot into recovery and ran a hard reset. It worked for a bit, then started to reboot. Now it's back to doing nothing but slowly blinking the notification light at me. If I can get it back into recovery/fastboot, is there any magic I can work with ADB?

If you are using the software from the first round that is what's causing the reboot problem. You need to delete that file and get the latest one here. The latest file has a fix just for the reboot issue during installation. 

poco153
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 9

Back again, finally got some time to work on this problem.

I left the phone on the charger to be absolutely sure that it's got a full battery.

Following eagle328's advice, I downloaded the latest 2.1.5 file and prepared to put it on the phone. The thing is, it won't turn on at all now. I can hold the power button all I like, but I get no reponse from the phone - the notification light just blinks when it's on the charger, and otherwise the phone is completely dead.

I tried putting a SIM in the phone, but that hasn't made a difference.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 9

When you charge it does the battery icon show on the screen?

poco153
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 9

No, just the notification light blinking.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 8 of 9

I would try to bring it to a T-Mobile store and se if your battery is still good. They would have one to try in your phone and see if thats it.

Kiran-8
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 9

I am also facing the same problem. I had put my phone to charging looking it after some time it is dead.. i am not knowing how it happend.. ?  then i tried to wipe the data ... now it has strucked at M logo ............... 

Pl help me........how to get my phone to working ???????????