Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matsan
What's DOS?
Views: 215
Message 1 of 3

Sudden, massive and immediate battery drain Cliq

Hello All,

I've had my motorola cliq for about 2 years. A couple of weeks ago I've been experiencing a bit of a problem. I charge my phone to 100% but when I disconnect and start normal use it reaches 73% battery and then the low battery alarm shows up and it shuts down. I reconnect and it shows 0% battery, then as it charges it jumps from 27% to 100%. It´s apparently not using 73% of the available battery. Depending on use, I normally get 1.5 hours to 4 hours, before I started to experience this issue I would usually get 8-12 hours, depending on use. This happens every single time

I'm using CM7 nightly though I also tried mounting a stable build with exactly the same results.

These are some of the steps I've tried for resolving this issue:

• Bought a new battery

• Recalibrated battery using several different apps (Easy battery being the last)

• Did full factory reset.

• Tried using it withou the sd card in the device.

• Charged for full 24 hours.

• Tried Bump charging

None of these strategies had any effect.

I would really appreciate any suggestions; I really don´t want to switch phones.

Greetings

Administrator
Administrator
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sudden, massive and immediate battery drain Cliq

I doubt I can help much. This phone is getting pretty old, is being used out of region, and is on non-standard software which we don't support.

I would suggest trying a stock ROM and ask where you got your replacement battery. Is it from a legit source? There are a lot of bad or counterfeit batteries out there.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
matsan
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 3

Re: Sudden, massive and immediate battery drain Cliq

Hey Matt, thanks for the reply,

The cell isn't actually out of region I purchased it in Argentina, its called a motorola dext here but its pretty much the same machine.

I wasn't able to get a battery from an official source, since, as you mentioned its an old phone, however, I don't think its the battery since I've been getting the exact same problem with the original battery and this new one.

I haven't tried going back to a stock rom since that would bring me down to android 1.5 which makes the cell phone pretty much useless... I guess I was just trying a last ditch effort by posting my problem here...