cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Shout-Out: AtliJarl
Lenovo Staff

shoutout.JPG

Tell us about yourself.

I was born and bred in Reykjavík Rock City, Iceland some ways back in the last century and very early on got into computers. I started out with Spectrum and moving very soon over to the Commodore realm of things, so computers have been with me for a long time. I however developed a kind of a Jack of all trades attitude towards life, so I have done a lot of different things through the years. I am actually a butcher by trade, educated in Norway, but after that I moved on to trucking, I had been driving big rigs mostly. After these roughly 28 years, I got shanghaied into administrative work where IT work followed. I‘m a father of three. I play the bass guitar, extreme metal in particular, and I‘ve been and still is a bartender, specializing in craft beer.

I am now self-employed and my main job is as IT administrator for Iceland's biggest concert and conference venue, where I get to be a Jack of all Trades with all things digital which includes a LOT of Lenovo products, mostly ThinkPads.

How did you discover our Community?

I’ve always been tinkering with stuff, mostly electronics, so when computers, and laptops in particular,came to become a household item, I got more into it.  I’d been repairing them for people, and when I got my first ThinkPad, which was a 390X, I  specialized in them and then I started collecting them. Troubleshooting issues has always been the crux of my interest, which of course led me to many sites while looking for answers / tips / How-Tos, which is when I came across the Lenovo Forums back in 2008. I used to just lurk around, reading up on stuff, finally signing up in 2012. I started participating in the forums then, as I had some knowledge about many issues that often come up, and there are extremely knowledgeable people there that I came to rely upon when I hit a snag. Many of these people are now good friends of mine and I love nothing more than chat about all things ThinkPad with them. Lenovo Forums are an extreme wealth of knowledge for all things computer, be it Lenovo products, operating systems, you name it. Love this place.

What exactly do you love about the Brand?

Besides being a ThinkPadder for life, which benefits my work so greatly, ever since I got my first ThinkPad, which of course was an IBM, and all those that followed, I took an instant liking to how easy they were to repair and when Lenovo took over, these things have in very many cases improved a lot. This enables me to help other people with their computer issues and often times refurbish older models for people that can’t afford to buy a new computer. The Lenovo products, pretty much the whole range, has proven to be by far the best solution for many of my clients / customers, and they keep coming back because of the reliability and ease of upgrade / repair.

Got a question about our ThinkPad products? Join in the conversation in our boards!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

About the Author