Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

IntroductionCommunity Spotlight
All Forum Topics
Options

4308 Posts

11-18-2012

United States of America

9980 Signins

610541 Page Views

• Views: 610541
  • Message 1 of 8

Review: the ThinkPad X1 Wireless Touch Mouse by Majestic

2016-11-22, 5:19 AM

Review of the Thinkpad X1 Wireless Touch Mouse

I was recently asked to test and review the new ThinkPad X1 Wireless Touch Mouse that is currently available.  Since this mouse can be connected via Bluetooth or a wireless USB receiver, I was looking forward to its arrival as a Bluetooth mouse would be a new experience for me.  After a week or so a parcel arrived at my door.  Upon opening, I was impressed by the smartly designed box the mouse was contained in.  Inside was the well packed mouse, a USB charging cord, a Quick Start Guide and a battery safety information sheet.  The X1 Wireless Touch mouse itself featured an innovative sleek, lightweight, design that's perfect for portability.  I have sleeved cases for my laptops and Ultra Books and my present mice are a bulky fit for storing and transporting.

Although the Quick Start Guide was informative, it lacked any detailed information regarding the charging of the battery.  A quick visit to Lenovo's website and the complete User Guide was downloaded.  Before its first use I proceeded to give the mouse a full charge.  The User Guide stated that it may take up to 2 hours to fully charge, but in little over an hour the charging lights indicated it was ready to go.  The charging lights are a handy little feature in my opinion. Not only do they indicate the level of charge when plugged in, but they also indicate the battery's charge level when the mouse is powered on.  That eliminates the guess of how good is the battery? Since my initial charge I have yet had the need to recharge it.  Long battery life it does have.

For its initial use I connected it via the wireless USB receiver to my Thinkpad Yoga S1.  The color scheme and design of the mouse complemented the Ultra Book.  Windows 10 quickly installed it and off surfing the net I went.

During use the design of the mouse requires a slight learning curve.  Unlike a regular mouse that has separate left and right buttons, the X1 has these buttons incorporated into its base.  Click the left mouse button area and it tilts the mouse in that direction to register a click.  The same for the right mouse button.  You quickly learn to let the palm of your hand rest on the tabletop surface rather than on the mouse during use.  Due to its compact design this is easily done.

The other difference on the topside is that the X1 eliminates the iconic mouse scroll wheel.  The X1 features a capacitive scroll strip that senses your finger movement and scrolls the screen up or down accordingly.  A nice feature that is easy to use.

Unlike other wireless mice, the X1 has also incorporated a touchpad into the base of the mouse along with page forward and back buttons.  It's a feature that turns your tabletop mouse into a presentation pointer.  During my testing, the touchpad was functional up to 7 feet away.  It may have a farther range, but after 7 feet I had difficulty clearly viewing the 1920 x 1080 display screen on my computer.

Overall during the wireless USB testing I quickly became accustomed to this new mouse design.  In use I found it to be quite responsive.  Although it may not be perfect for gaming, in general use or in a business environment it will perform well.

For the next phase of my testing I ventured in to the world of Bluetooth.  Even though Bluetooth has been around for a while, I never really had a need for a Bluetooth device.  This mouse will be a whole new experience for me.

The base cover of the X1 slides forward to access the charging port, USB receiver storage and USB/Bluetooth mode control.  Once Windows 10 was ready to pair it was a simple matter of momentarily sliding the Bluetooth selector switch into the pairing position and I was connected.

During use I really didn't see a difference in response from when it was connected via the wireless USB.  Likewise it had a similar range of use.  The biggest difference I noticed was the lack of having to have a receiver inserted all the time.  Just turn on the computer and mouse and it was ready to use.

Since I'm a newbie to Bluetooth, one concern I did have was whether or not the pairing would remain connected when the computer was off or asleep.  During my use I powered off the computer and mouse, put the computer asleep and hibernated it numerous times without loss of connectivity.  My question was answered.

If you are looking for a light and compact rechargeable mouse for business or home use the ThinkPad X1 Wireless Touch mouse is well worth considering.

Specifications:

Length: 9.5mm or 3.7 inches
Width: 56.8mm or 2.2 inches
Height: 20.4mm or .08 inches
Weight: 58g or 1.76 oz

Features:

• Dual wireless Bluetooth 4.0 and 2.4 GHZ wireless
  • Touch capacitive scrolling
  • Rechargeable battery, lasts up to one month
  • LED battery life indicator
  • Charging cable included
  • Touchpad presenter
  • Convenient storage of wireless USB receiver
  • 100 dpi
  • 1 year warranty

For the User Guide please Click Here

Options

0 Posts

11-23-2016

United States of America

2 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Review: the ThinkPad X1 Wireless Touch Mouse by Majestic

2016-11-23, 18:21 PM
I been looking for a BT mouse and my search brought me here. Thanks for the review
Options

1268 Posts

12-05-2014

Germany

1308 Signins

21591 Page Views

• Views: 21591
  • Message 3 of 8

2016-11-24, 0:12 AM

So you need to open the cover to access the switch between bluetooth and wireless? Can you use the mouse on Bluetooth with 1 computer and wireless with 2nd computer? E.g. if you have two computers but just bring the mouse over to the other desk and switch the switch, will it connect automatically or will it require re-pairing? I want to use a dual-mode mouse for my ultrabook via wireless and my android tablet via bluetooth and don't want to reconnect each time (switching the switch would be okay, but if that is under a cover, that would not be most convenient. 

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

Options

4308 Posts

11-18-2012

United States of America

9980 Signins

610541 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2016-11-24, 15:39 PM

pat_box

Yes, the cover needs to be slid forward to reveal the charging port, reciever storage and Bluetooth / wireless mode switch hidden in the base of the mouse.

Yes, the mouse will stayed paired.  My desktop lacks Bluetooth so I use the wireless USB receiver on that machine.  When I want to use the mouse with the Thinkpad Yoga S1 Ultra Book, I simply switch it to the Bluetooth mode and it connects automatically.

Options

0 Posts

11-27-2017

Canada

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 5 of 8

2017-11-27, 14:23 PM
Hello Majestic, I recently got this wireless mouse. I currently connect it using the dongle but it never connects using Bluetooth. Could you please help with a step by step process of connecting it using Bluetooth? Thanks in anticipation. Regards, IO.
Options

4308 Posts

11-18-2012

United States of America

9980 Signins

610541 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2017-11-27, 15:28 PM
Welcome OC-IO For connecting the mouse via Bluetooth I followed the instructions listed on page #4 of the X1's User Guide. Here is a link to that guide..... https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/options_iso/tpx1_wireless_touchmouse_ug_sp40k57909_en.pdf
Options

9 Posts

09-13-2017

United States of America

16 Signins

72 Page Views

• Views: 72
  • Message 7 of 8

2018-02-06, 3:11 AM

does this mouse contain a scroll wheel click , i see it has a scroll wheel strip but how do you middle click 

Options

4308 Posts

11-18-2012

United States of America

9980 Signins

610541 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2018-02-06, 13:57 PM
Hi Noah9 The center touch scroll strip is just that, a scroll strip. There are no options that I have found to enable clicking on the touch strip by tapping it for use as a third mouse button.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms