Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveDEFY™ with MOTOBLUR™ (Non-U.S.)
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

12-21-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 7

Is there supposed to be a rattle from inside the phone?

2010-12-21, 12:22 PM

Got a Defy a few weeks ago. Was loving it until yesterday when I suddenly cant' hear anyone on a phone call and only the speakerphone/headset works (just like issue few posts down). Taking it back to T-mobile tomorrow.

However, my phone has a clunking/rattle sound from inside the phone when you shake it, and you can feel something inside moving around. I had assumed it was something to do with accelerometers/sensors in the phone or something, but now the internal speaker is broken I'm wondering if it's supposed to do that or if it's actually always had a hardware issue.

Anyone else's phone make the same noise/doing the same thing? Is it supposed to do this or not?

-Daniel

Solved! See the solution
Options

8 Posts

06-18-2009

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 7

Re: Is there supposed to be a rattle from inside the phone?

2010-12-21, 13:11 PM

There shouldn't be a rattle.....but there is!!!!

I have the same problem. It is caused by the battery moving when you shake the phone, it does not have a tight fit. I used a very thin piece of foam under the battery to stop it rattling. Not impressed!!!!

You will see on these forums that some users have had problems with faulty earpieces....so far I haven't had this.

Hope these Defys aren't going to be suffering from poor manufacturing as I really like the phone.

Check your battery by shaking the phone with the cover off......let me know how you get on.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2 Posts

12-21-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2010-12-21, 15:50 PM

You're right - it's the battery. No rattling noise with the cover off at all.

T-mobile sending out a new handset tomorrow. Fortunately their customer service seem switched on. Disappointed though as I've been loving this phone. Hope this isn't going to crop up again!

Options

21 Posts

12-02-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2010-12-21, 17:58 PM

I have it as well, noticed it from day one. Not a good sign for general mechanical and electrical reliability (in particular for a shockproof unit) but nothing really bad either, at least until now.

Options

5534 Posts

06-17-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 5 of 7

2011-01-21, 4:13 AM

The battery in the phone does move around very little, and seems to be designed that way. Giving the nature of the device and the extreme size, the battery will expand when it gets hot which may cause damage to the seal around the battery door.

So, this is not a flaw in your device, but to prevent the water-resistance of the device to become compromised the first time the battery gets hot.

Options

8 Posts

03-20-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2011-03-22, 10:28 AM

I have the rattling also and have also noticed that if you hold the power button and the volume control button of the phone, you will not hear the rattling.

Options

4 Posts

06-05-2020

US

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 7 of 7

Re:Is there supposed to be a rattle from inside the phone?

2020-06-05, 19:13 PM
Why does phone battery rattle in phone , had phone 4 days , it started yesterday since it started battery drains faster and phone crashes
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete