Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bo_bos
What's DOS?
Views: 4,100
Message 1 of 7

Bluetooth and Defy with Motoblur

Hi,

I received a new bluetooth for Christmas to go with my Defy with Motoblur (a canadian phone) and the Voice Dialler sucks plus the bluetooth instructions are just as bad.  It say to refer to your phone's usual manual.

So, I would like to know how I can make a call from my bluetooth handsfree using the phone.  Based on an older phone I could add a voice tag to each contact and then use that on the bluetooth.  This phone doesn't seem to have that option.  (It all seems to work fine if I am dialling directly from the phone....once the ringing starts.  But this is all pointeless as far as I am concerned. How can you be handsfree when your hands are required?)

Any suggestions/guidance would be greatly appreciated.  Please note:  The phone is running on the Android version 1.5 since Motorola didn't come out with an update on my phone and getting a new one isn't an option.  Maybe there is an app in the market place that might work. (I can't even use Google Play because the phone version was not updated)

Thank you,

Trina

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 2 of 7

Re: Bluetooth and Defy with Motoblur

Hi Trina,

I would love to help but I do not have access to a Defy with Android 1.5, we only have phones here running with 2.1 and 2.2.

What do you see in settings--> about phone--> system version?

Cheers,

Nicole

bo_bos
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 7

Hi Nicole,

My system version is:  Blur_version 1.5.5.MB2000.e.BellMobility.en.CA.

Cheers,

Trina

bo_bos
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 7

It should be MB200, not MB2000

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 5 of 7

Hi Trina,

I hope you had a great start into the new year!

I am sorry to say this but it appears that your phone has a different software than it should have.

MB 200 is the Dext or Cliq. The Defy is the MB525.

Your Defy is running a very old software from a very old phone.

I am afraid that with a wrong software version problems are inevitable. The only chance I see for you is to ask a tech savvy friend to get the correct software version of 2.2 on it or for you to send it in for a repair. I can't really help you any further here I am afraid. 

All the best,

Nicole

bo_bos
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 7

Hi Nicole,

I just realized I posted my problem on the wrong blog.  I have the Dext.  So it is not a software issue with the wrong phone.

Can you still help or should I post this on the Dext (Non US) group (if there is one)

Trina

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 7 of 7

Hi Trina,

No worries. We are about to test a Dext with our TK 30 car kit here to provide you with tested instructions on how to make hands free voice calls with the phone. However, you might want to contact the manufacturer of your car kit as well to have him explain what you have to do on the car kit.

I will post the instructions as soon as we have tested it. Let me know if I can answer any other questions that you have.

Cheers,

Nicole