Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew3
What's DOS?
Views: 3,361
Message 1 of 6

Defy: Dust behind the screen

I brought my Defy in October 2011. Since then it was four times at service. Dust keep entering behind the screen, mainly at the top left corner. Two times they cleaned it and replaced some rubber parts there. Nothing changed, after one or two weeks the dust appeared again. I asked them to send me a new one, but they refused it. A month ago they send me back the same phone without even cleaning it with notes that I'm using it in highly dusted environment against the IP67 (which is theoretically impossible in my country) Now, the whole upper part of the screen is dusted (see photo) and the screwss are damaged due to the continuous repairs. Any idea what should I do? Thanks forward.

Rohan_Das
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 6

Re: Defy: Dust behind the screen

Its very unfortunate you are facing such problem. The Motorla team should immediately replace it. I am facing the same problem on my Motorola Defy XT. The service centre guys have agreed to replace it, but it been more than 2 weeks I am waiting for replacement. Truely an unfortuante incident.

Andrew3
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 6

Dear Rohan_Das

At least you will have a new one. Here the guys refused to deal with such a pity problems - they said, the dust doesn't inhibit the use of the mobile phone. The great old attitude of the East European people...

Rohan_Das
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 6

Dear Andrew,

Sorry to say, the service centre of Motorola is really poor as compare to Nokia and Samsung. What kind of statement is that, "the dust doesn't inhibit the use of the mobile phone"; really frustrating! And moreoever I doubt wheter they would provide me a new one or a refurbished one! Truely disheartening; if such a reputed company like Motorola wont take care of its customer; who shall the again trust and buy Motorola products.

Andrew3
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 6

Rohan_Das said:

Dear Andrew,

Sorry to say, the service centre of Motorola is really poor as compare to Nokia and Samsung. What kind of statement is that, "the dust doesn't inhibit the use of the mobile phone"; really frustrating! And moreoever I doubt wheter they would provide me a new one or a refurbished one! Truely disheartening; if such a reputed company like Motorola wont take care of its customer; who shall the again trust and buy Motorola products.

In Slovakia, the Motorola doesn't have a service centre and that is why I tried this forum and an email directly to the Moto support (yet without answer, unfortunately). Small distribution companies are responsible for their products. But it's true that the Motorola's reputation is damaged due to these ignorant guys here in Slovakia. On the other hand, if my email remains unanswered, I will draw everything back. These companies are just following the business strategy of the big brother. At conclusion, all you wrote is right.

Andrew3
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 6

The final answer of the Moto Support. No comment.

We are sorry to inform you that your complaint has been escalated and processed and we are only able to offer you another repair. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.