Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flashfletch
Paper Tape
Views: 3,916
Message 1 of 6

GOOD music player for Defy+ ...?

I've had my Defy+ for about 7 months, and I'm beginning to get VERY frustrated with the stock music player (Connected Music Player). I use the music player for 6 or 7 hours a day - I work alone outside - but it seems to be particularly unstable Yell locking up and/or restarting multiple times a day. Sometimes after 3 or four hours, other times after 5 or 6 minutes, sometimes gettng to the point that I have to remove the battery to restart the phone Cry

(I'm assuming that its the music player and not the phone causing the problem.)

What I'm looking for is a GOOD reliable music player for the Defy+, and there's almost millions of them out there in GooglePlay-land ...  I'm hoping that someone can cut them down to a couple of GOOD one's to try.

Thanks in advance

flashfletch

CarmenC
Token Ring
Message 2 of 6

Re: GOOD music player for Defy+ ...?

Hi flashfletch,

Also the pre-installed music player should work without any problems. Have you checked if your phone is on Firmware - Version 2.3.6? You can check this in Settings > About phone > Firmware - or Android - Version.

If it is not up to date, you can update it on www.motorola.com/update

You can also try the following: Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Connected Music Player > Force Stop > Clear cache > Clear date.

Does it work now?

Carmen

flashfletch
Paper Tape
Message 3 of 6

Yep, definitely 2.3.6.  I also cleared the cache and data.

It took about 1 1/2 hours of continuous play this time before it locked up Yell

Thanks for the advice though Carmen, I must confess that I hadn't looked at the apps option in settings yet.  At least you have reminded me that there's a whole other area of fiddling I can do with my phone Wink

Any other suggestions??

Thanks

flashfletch

Highlighted
CarmenC
Token Ring
Message 4 of 6

Hi flashfletch,

Antoher thing I would suggest is a reset on the phone, in case you have not done this yet after the software update.

Some major updates change several parts of the software and a reset will implement these changes properly.

Everything saved on the SD or SIM card will not be deleted. Please let me know if it works.

Carmen

flashfletch
Paper Tape
Message 5 of 6

Oooh, I've been a naughty boy and not come back to check for your reply ... :

I'm frightened to do things like resets ... You're SURE that I won't lose all my apps and data?

On that topic, I'm puzzled about how to retrieve widgets(/apps??) that I have accidentally wiped from my home screen. Fat fingers have managed to lose two now, and I can't find them to put them back :

One is the music player widget that allows you to access and control the music player without having to actually launch the connected music player in full (on home page 3). I was fiddling with the phone and fumbled it and must have managed to swipe the icon off the screen (which deletes it??). But I can't see any way of restoring it :-( Is there some way of getting this back as it was very useful? Or will the reset you were talking about fix mistakes such as these?

Thanks

flashfletch

flashfletch
Paper Tape
Message 6 of 6

For anyone else as clumsy as me, it appears that the 'widget' I was talking about in my last post is simply the Connected Music Player with a different interface.  I tried moving CMP to the home screen and all I got initially was a shortcut to the music player (and still had to select what I wanted played, and then how I wanted it played).  I tried again and this time I got the interface which allows direct access to the player function in whatever mode is current.

Hope this helps someone else ...

Cheers

flashfletch