Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DiscoStu
What's DOS?
Views: 10,398
Message 1 of 150

Help! Defy keeps rebooting.

I got the Defy on friday and had to take it back because it keeps on rebooting . They gave me a new one and guess what........yep, it is doing the exact same thing.

Strange thing is that without the sim card installed there is no problem, but when installed it will just randomly reboot, sometimes every 20 seconds!

Got a new sim card too but this has not cured it.

Anyone else with this problem or possible solutions?

Cheers.

Girish
Broadband 3G
Message 2 of 150

Re: Help! Defy keeps rebooting.

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble. This is something that has not been reported. Let me do some digging around on our end. I will be in touch. Did you try putting in somebody else's sim card in there to see what it does?

DiscoStu
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 150

Hi, thanks for your quick response. Just tried it with someone elses sim who is on another network and it works just fine. Just need to try someones who is on the same network to find if that works.

Cheers,

Stuart

AciBoy
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 150

Hi

I got one for my wife today. It keeps rebooting too. Everytime  a call comes in it reboots, plus random. I've only had it a few hours its done it about five times.

I have not tried it on anouther network yet, but that wont solve the problem as my wife wont change networks and why should she.

Any fixes yet or is it a return? Oh  I'm on Wave Telecom part of Jersey Telecom in the British Channel Islands.

Regards Martin

Highlighted
Mto
Bit Torrent
Message 5 of 150

Hi.

Are you on T-Mobile and/or using a simcard of type N5 (should be written on the card, chip side iirc)?

If so, try getting a different type of simcard from your provider, e.g. N3.

DiscoStu wrote:

I got the Defy on friday and had to take it back because it keeps on rebooting . They gave me a new one and guess what........yep, it is doing the exact same thing.

Strange thing is that without the sim card installed there is no problem, but when installed it will just randomly reboot, sometimes every 20 seconds!

Got a new sim card too but this has not cured it.

Anyone else with this problem or possible solutions?

Cheers.

AciBoy
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 150

Well it seems no one has an answer that's too bad. Well my wife cant live with a phone that keeps crashing so it's a return and get something else. It is very sad as she really was looking forward to the phone...but alas it just wont work!

Girish
Broadband 3G
Message 7 of 150

TRose responded to the thread. I hope you did not miss it. Did you explore what he suggested?

Mto
Bit Torrent
Message 8 of 150

Are you using a simcard of type N5 (should be written on the card, chip side iirc)?

If so, try with a different simcard first, then maybe get a different type of simcard from your provider, e.g. N3

AciBoy wrote:

Well it seems no one has an answer that's too bad. Well my wife cant live with a phone that keeps crashing so it's a return and get something else. It is very sad as she really was looking forward to the phone...but alas it just wont work!

AciBoy
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 150

Hi TRose

I tried that and still had a problem (my sim card as well)...however I have now done a factory reset it now works on my sim card but not the wife's! we will get a new sim card asap and see how that works!

It is a nice little phone pity its on 2.1 I know there is not too much difference with 2.2 but its always nice to be at the forefront. Saying that my Galaxy S took its time to upgrade. This is the wife's first Android and I want it to be a good experience...so fingers crossed on the "newer" sim.

I'll update if and hopefully when all is well.

Martin

Mto
Bit Torrent
Message 10 of 150

Hi.

Did you check both sim card types?

AciBoy wrote:

Hi TRose

I tried that and still had a problem (my sim card as well)...however I have now done a factory reset it now works on my sim card but not the wife's! we will get a new sim card asap and see how that works!

It is a nice little phone pity its on 2.1 I know there is not too much difference with 2.2 but its always nice to be at the forefront. Saying that my Galaxy S took its time to upgrade. This is the wife's first Android and I want it to be a good experience...so fingers crossed on the "newer" sim.

I'll update if and hopefully when all is well.

Martin