Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AciBoy
What's DOS?
Views: 6,046
Message 21 of 150

Re: Help! Defy keeps rebooting.

Scannel

I try it just to see…but my wife is happy on 2G so its not too much of a problem for her for me without 3G I would be lost.

Regards Martin

Scrannel
802.11n
Message 22 of 150

OK, this may sound totally lame, but has anyone with this re-booting issue tried a different battery?  I know, I know... who the heck has a spare battery and what's a battery got to do with it anyway?  However, there do seem to be some reboot-related-to-battery issues.  This is from another forum (I know it's not a Defy, but...):

"I just got a new battery for my Droid, and the battery came 60% charged.  So I did the battery drain until it powered off. I then put it on the  dock to do a full charge, and now the phone is in a constant boot loop."

Then the same guy says:

"I just tried the old battery, and it does not go into the loop with the old one."

So, if you have a friend with a functioning phone, talk them into letting you try their battery?

fkam18
What's DOS?
Message 23 of 150

I have the same problem of rebooting when in 3G making phone calls. It's not random. It reboots when you make from one call to three calls.

The cure, thks to the suggestion here, is to set it to 2G only.

I owned a Milestone before. It was perfect. Kind of upset to swap that to a new DEFY just before new year ending up in a 2G phone over a 3G network!

Francis

flukie
What's DOS?
Message 24 of 150

Hi,

My defy does exactly the same, great phone but keeps rebooting; Motorola told me to reset everything which I did, so only basic phone, and still the same problem, they made out like I was the only one with this iuuse

I have HTC as well for my work, and that never has any problems, Motorola support is very dissapointing I think I will have to return my phone, which is a shame because I basically like it

I am on t-mobile in the UK, but I bought the phone SIM free

flukie
What's DOS?
Message 25 of 150

sounds good but try to find somebody with a defy that works :-(

Scrannel
802.11n
Message 26 of 150

There have been reports of some motorola phones re-booting with a bad battery possibly the culprit.  I know, sounds weird, but have read a couple of cases.  If you have a friend with a Defy, maybe you can try with their battery.  How about if you run the phone powered?  Does it re-boot then?

spikeofax
What's DOS?
Message 27 of 150

I'm pretty sure it is sim card related in some way. I changed from a wave telecom pay as you go card to my original cable and wireless card and have had no further problems.

flukie
What's DOS?
Message 28 of 150

Hi

I dont have a spare battery but I tried leaving it on charge and it does the same thing, now trying it with no sim as mine was t-mobile

Thanks for the idea anyway

wah007
Fanfold Paper
Message 29 of 150

Mine has been rebooting aswell. I haven't actually seen it reboot but I know that it has been rebooting while on standby because when I go onto battery manager and check where it says how long it has been since unplugged and that time does not add up as it says the phone has been unplugged alot later than it had been.

I know this because if you restart your phone manually then the 'unplugged since' time resets.

Highlighted
flukie
What's DOS?
Message 30 of 150

Hi wah007

You ma be right but I tried it with no sim and it did the same thing, anyway eventually Motorolla agreed to take it back and "repair"it, personally I think that's poor service because its new and never worked it should be replaced and not repaired, obviously I am not the only one with this problem. To me they rushed it out, too cheap and too quickly because for the spec its very cheap and I like the phone, I am compairing it to the HTC desire for example, twice the price, with sililar spec but no crashes, I have one for wotk and never had one seconds trouble but they are expensive and "fragile"