Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scrannel
802.11n
Views: 5,999
Message 61 of 150

Re: Help! Defy keeps rebooting.

Again... you may want to ask your provider for a uicc SIM.  If they have them.  Good luck! 

spikeofax
What's DOS?
Message 62 of 150

Hello again

I'm still betting on sim problems. All I had to do after answering (my) original question was to replace the sim card I asked for with the phone when I bought it with an existing one and I have had NO further issues.

Hope this helps

Sp.

Highlighted
chaihg
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 63 of 150

Ok then it makes sense that maybe my sim is not able to take 3G. Spikeofax we will look at you for solving this. Can you confirm if you have the uicc sim now?. If you can find that out a lot of people all over the world will be ever grateful to you. Smiley Happy

spikeofax
What's DOS?
Message 64 of 150

Hi - remind me how I find out and I will be glad to tell you. The card has no external markings other than a few numbers and was supplied by Cable and Wireless Guernsey. I'm not sure if they supply the very latest of everything.

kanaga11
What's DOS?
Message 65 of 150

hi guys,

I'm just wondering what are the ppl in motorola are doing? Arent they supposed to help the users rather than the users are trying to solve the problem on thier own? I got the phone yesteday and had the rebooting problem within minutes after powering up the device. I called the customer service and they told me... "Oh really? We never had this issue with the DEFY. Even i'm using defy and so far never had this problem".

Anyway.. hope motorola will find a solution for this problem.

Note: I found that when i switch off the 3G and wifi, it never rebooted for almost 3 hours. Then i turned on the wifi and it rebooted after about 30mins.

chaihg
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 66 of 150

Well, thats a difficult thing. But your call support provided for free by the company you have subscribed should be able to tell you that. But here is some clear documentation by AT&T. I tried your provider and they have nothing put up on their website .

Anyone else knows how to look if the sim is uicc?.

badinage
What's DOS?
Message 67 of 150

Dunno about my sim card. I got the phone and the card in early january, so that might tell you if it's the new one or not?

I always have wifi disabled on the phone so taht cant affect things. I cant think of anything special in the work environment that could do this.

Buuuuuuut.

It just stopped doing it all of a sudden. No unusual reboots at all for a week now no matter where I use it. I'm guessing it has to have been something wrong with T-mobile's signal at the tower that covers my work building that they since fixed. 3G dropping in and out or something, something that shouldn't have been messing the phone up. But it's fine for now, so I wont do anything special until the problem comes back if it does.

Thanks everyone for your help.

lecrote
What's DOS?
Message 68 of 150

I did the upgrade from tmobile and now nomore reboot

the new firmware is blur_version.3.6.360.mb525.t-mobile.en.us

thanks

Dan

guillemsola
What's DOS?
Message 69 of 150

Wow, mine is 2.51.1 does anybody knows if there are a lot of steps between those updates?

I updated about 15 of january and that day reboot started.

chaihg
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 70 of 150

Yes, Tmob seems to have sent out some OTA updates but time will tell if it resolved the rebooting issue. I will wait and will want to hear more about people who feel that this update solved their problem once and for all.