Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scrannel
802.11n
Views: 6,029
Message 91 of 150

Re: Help! Defy keeps rebooting.

If your wifi calling is activated, so should GSM only. 

ingram1225
What's DOS?
Message 92 of 150

Wifi calling was activated. GSM Auto was the selection it would keep going

back to. never actually allowed me to select gsm only.

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 9:35 PM, scrannel <

buttscratcher
What's DOS?
Message 93 of 150

Are Motorola acknowledging that there's an issue?..

Maybe we should all bring it to their attention....

AJabonete: Hi, my name is AJabonete. How may I help you?

Mick Tilson: Hi, I have a Defy cellphone which has the reboot problem, have Motorola identified the cause of this issue yet?

AJabonete:

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I would like to inform you that we do not have issues with the Defy.

AJabonete:

Have you received a Software update on your phone?

Mick Tilson: I have had 2 handsets in 5 weeks, both had the issue. My carrier tells me that many people have complained about this problem. If you google the problem there are hundreds of forum posts related to it. Are you honestly expecting me to believe you're unaware of a problem?  And, no, there are no updates available.

AJabonete:

I'm sorry to hear that but, yet again we do not have issues on the phone. Since, this is a replacement phone from your carrier; what we can offer you is an evaluation and a repair for your phone.

AJabonete:

I would like to inform you that most Motorola phones have a standard one year warranty starting from the date of purchase barring physical and liquid damage.

AJabonete:

I could schedule your phone for repair, or since you provided your email address, I can send you the instructions to schedule your phone for repair at your own convenience. This will also allow you to track your phone's repair status. The timeframe for repair is 5 to 7 business days from the time we receive the phone.

Mick Tilson: the phone is absolutely fine at the moment, it seems to relate to signal strength, first it shows no service (emergency calls only) then it reboots, this continues until a consistent signal is present

AJabonete:

Well, you might have signal issues then. But if you change your mind, I can email you the instructions.

Mick Tilson: I appreciate you cannot admit to an issue, if you genuinely have had no complaints can i be the first to raise the issue? it seems it's a worldwide problem (i'm in UK). I love the phone but this issue would make me hesitant to buy Motorola products in future

AJabonete:

Sure let me put that on note.  Would there be anything else?

Mick Tilson: no that's all, as long as you guys are aware maybe your tech people can investigate. cheers

AJabonete:

If you need any more information get in touch. Thanks from Motorola, bye!

AJabonete has disconnected.

noaman
What's DOS?
Message 94 of 150

The problem can be solved by using different sim card, it works 100%... ask your carrier for a new sim.

ingram1225
What's DOS?
Message 95 of 150

That didn't work for me. I had the phone replaced.

On May 10, 2011 11:48 PM, "noaman" <motorola-mobile@hosted.jivesoftware.com

Sclocher
What's DOS?
Message 96 of 150

I was having this problem on mine for about 40 minutes.  What happened to mine was i went to shut off the screen, held it too long, the 3 options came up, i hit the button again (all while on a charger),  put the screen off, then it started rebooting when ever i turned it back on, and shut off the screen.  I disconnected it from the charger, and now it's normal.  I highly doubt any of you are having THIS problem, but i figured i would throw my 2 cents in there.  I hope you all resolve this! 

Highlighted
rudiroelofse
What's DOS?
Message 97 of 150

I'm having the same problem! My defy started randomly rebooting 10 minutes after first use.Took it back and waiting for a reply from motorola ...Someone has to do something at their end! I love the phone ,but the rebooting is not acceptable!!!Please motorola prove to us that you have the same customer support as HTC and care for your customer!

ingram1225
What's DOS?
Message 98 of 150

Not sure anyone can fix the problem but if you sent thre phone into moto

then your in great hands!

On Jun 12, 2011 7:33 AM, "rudiroelofse" <

richardc1
What's DOS?
Message 99 of 150

Two different Defy phones that keep rebooting especially when I am roaming in the Guernsey, using a T mobile sim. First one competelly locked me out at one point (thats been back to T mobile). Also occasionally callers getting an engaged and or just ringing tone to from both land and other mobiles and my phone not showning any call, yet next to them? 

Sclocher
What's DOS?
Message 100 of 150

My advice to anyone having this problem is do what we former XT owners did,

call T-mobile and explain the problem to them. They'll will send you a new

one, you just need to pay shipping, if it happens again, they'll send

another one free. T-mobile is the best to their customers. That our get in

touch with Motorola somehow

On Jun 16, 2011 9:00 AM, "richardc" <motorola-mobile@hosted.jivesoftware.com

Top Kudoed Posts