Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Views: 4,049
Message 141 of 150

Re: Help! Defy keeps rebooting.

Hi jesk,

I am sorry to hear that you are so frustrated and that you had so much trouble with that phone. I checked the system and I can see a lot of cases for you there.

Where is the phone now? Did you contact the support hotline about this and are you waiting for their response?

Cheers,

Nicole

jesk
What's DOS?
Message 142 of 150

NIcole_Summers said:

Hi jesk,

I am sorry to hear that you are so frustrated and that you had so much trouble with that phone. I checked the system and I can see a lot of cases for you there.

Where is the phone now? Did you contact the support hotline about this and are you waiting for their response?

Cheers,

Nicole

View original

That one has been returned and had a defy+ sent that was exactly the same i hard restarted it all within the first day, the next day was still crashing, so i made a late new years resolution to have nothing more to do with motorola, rang said it was not sorted but i wasnt gonna bother anymore, rooted it just to get rid of all the extra software (especially the telstra stuff) hasnt missed a beat but id ordered an iphone just before new yearso i have that now to rely on. So as you can prob guess ill never purchase another motorola product again

Highlighted
AussieSailorIan
What's DOS?
Message 143 of 150

Hi Nicole,

I am on my second Defy and extremely happy so I bought one for my partner 2 months ago and her phone has been rebooting many times per day so I am not very popular since she gave her I-Phone to my daughter!

As a temporary fix I have swapped phones with her because I'm more patient and feeling responsible!

In the process of swapping phones I have tried:

1. resetting the handset

2. changing SIMS - we are both with Telstra

3. changing batteries

4. as a result of reading this thread I have switched to 2G and it's been 12 hours since a re-start

- i will see how this goes and report back

cheers,

Ian

tubamuirum
What's DOS?
Message 144 of 150

Well, the "repair" done by SBE at the second attempt failed roughly 2 weeks out of warranty and customer "service" refused to consider fixing it, and were pretty rude with it.  It seems to me it's probably a firmware problem that Motorola don't understand, far less the outsourced UK repair company, who don't actually look at phone repairs beyond reflashing the existing software until the phone is "bounced", if my experience is anything to go by.

The Defy with stock firmware (hint) is a pig in a poke that Motorola couldn't be bothered to put right. Their customer service is from the Basil Fawlty school...

luuuciano
What's DOS?
Message 145 of 150

My motorola defy plus keeps rebooting all day long too. I have counted more than 40 reboots at daylight!

WHY do I have to use it on 2g, that is much slower than 3g?

Is that the only solution motorola has?

I have bought a phone that I can barely use... Im thinking on never buy any other motorola products.

They sell hardware/software with problems, and do not care to offer real solutions to customers.

PD: the best answer is a shit, who selected that?? motorola customer care¡¡???

tubamuirum
What's DOS?
Message 146 of 150

Make no mistake, firmware-wise, you have bought a PoS from a PoS manufacturer. Your only hope is to flash a new ROM from someone who knows what they are doing, like the schoolkid who develops more competent ones than the muppets at Motorola.

Since doing that I have not looked back.

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 147 of 150

Hi luuuciano,

The best answer can only be selected by the one who started the thread.

Changing the SIM card is a solution that has helped customers who had this problem. Would you like to send me a PM to see how we can follow up here?

Cheers,

Nicole

AussieSailorIan
What's DOS?
Message 148 of 150

Hi Nicole,
I have two mb526's on the same provider, one reboots, the other is perfect.
I have systematically swapped batteries and SIMs but the problem stays with the same phone so I would have to conclude that items the phone itself. Also reset the phone.
I previously had another Defy which worked perfectly for years (with the same SIM)
My next call is to Motorola
Cheers
Ian
luuuciano
What's DOS?
Message 149 of 150

Hi Nicole,

I have switched sims, sds, reseted it, nothing works.

As I can see it, this problem happens on certain locations, where the phone is located near many 3g signals and it request data. It works OK when it is far away of those places.

Motorola, neither cellphone service providers, wants to solve it. Why not pay a couple of guys to log & search on it? do a patch and submit it to android developers?

No, you just continue selling malfunction harware/software without the customer knowledge.

You should ad a sentence "This phone may reboot a lot in certain, not odd, circumstances. Sorry." outside the box, and phone promotions.

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 150 of 150

Hi luuuciano,

Did you contact the Argentinian customer support at all regarding this?

I can't find anything in the system, did you maybe use a different email adress?

@AussieSailorIan: Correct, troubleshooting wise this leaves only the phone to be defective.

Troibleshooting is:

- 2 different SIM cards (without N3/N5)

- no SD card inside

- different battery/ no noise when shaking it

- reset

Cheers,

Nicole