Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scrannel
802.11n
Views: 6,005
Message 31 of 150

Re: Help! Defy keeps rebooting.

HTC Desire has same issues, and probably in the same, small number effecting Defy -- no, most of these are not rooted phones:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=675810&highlight=reboot

flukie
What's DOS?
Message 32 of 150

OK, you are right, but my htc dose not do this, my Defy does, BUT I got a new one and that's fine However it does not sync calanders automatically, its set to baackground data but does nothing.

I'm not sure but I think the firmware on my defy replacement is slightly different, I'm just going from memory but the setting layout looks different

gropes
What's DOS?
Message 33 of 150

Mine too, only there's no rhyme or rhythm to when it reboots itself - it mostly does it when I'm not doing anything with it. It's also frozen once and I felt helpless but after a while it came back to life again.

Could Motorola please look into this?

flukie
What's DOS?
Message 34 of 150

You would think Motorola would be on the case, but they simply offered to repair, not replace mine which was dissapointing because it was only two weeks old and rebooted even when reset and had no apps installed

Also I note that they have NOT updated the Android opp system, I wonder when they will do this

lecrote
What's DOS?
Message 35 of 150

I've got a new phone which got the same problem!

Here's the test I did:

When the phone is connect trough the pc no reboot problem for 3h20!!!

When the phone is not connect I got reboot problem every 2min approximatively!

Maybe it can help

Dan

Mto
Bit Torrent
Message 36 of 150

Did you try removing the simcard or try with a different one, because this could be causing the issue?:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/288123#288123

If it's the simcard, you should ask your provider for a different type.

flukie
What's DOS?
Message 37 of 150

Hi,

I tried no sim card, with and without power charger connected, same thing

I tried getting a new phone, that fixed it :-)

lecrote
What's DOS?
Message 38 of 150

I did try 3 sim card!

Yesterday we change option of the sim card (I work for the carrier) and no reboot for all day long until 4hpm then it suddenly restart to reboot!

I don't really know what was the option that we change on the sim card as far i'm not working in that department!

This noon I have to call the phone integration people!

I will talk with him about the sim card type!

I hope I won't have to take it back as far i'm in canada and this is a t-mobile phone!

Thanks

Dan

lecrote
What's DOS?
Message 39 of 150

Right now I have a new sim that seem to work!

The one a had was a 22.04

Tomorow I will now what's the difference with both!

Thanks

Dan

badinage
What's DOS?
Message 40 of 150

I joined this forum since I saw that there are other people having this problem too.

I got my Defy about 3 weeks ago with my new T-mobile account. It has rebooted occasionally, but rarely enough I never really made note. Then about 3 days ago whenever I'm at work, it will reboot constantly all day, approximately once every 2-5 minutes. I can be at home with it all evening and never see it reboot. I think scrannel might be right about it rebooting when 3G is dropped. I notice that when I'm driving to work and it's in the cupholder, it will always reboot several times. And it's only been recently at work when the t-mobile signal has been very intermittant at my work building(other people with t-mobile phones in the building have had problems starting at the same time as me, but not rebooting), I'll notice that sometimes it's 3G, sometimes its edge and other times I have no signal. Setting the phone to "Airplane Mode" will fix the problem 100% which I have been doing so I can listen to music at work without interruptions, but I'm obviously missing calls when I do that.

Help! I need to make/receive calls at work and my phone has been practically useless, what should I do?