Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buttscratcher
What's DOS?
Views: 5,403
Message 111 of 150

Re: Help! Defy keeps rebooting.

guys, i'm on my 3rd t-mobile defy and it still goes into a reboot loop once in a while BUT i can fix it by turning off satellite connection, turning on airplane mode then reversing the procedure!! i have no idea why this works or if it's just coincidence but i get the reboot problem every 2 weeks or so and this procedure fixes it in a few seconds for another couple of weeks. i can live with that as i love the phone.

certainly worth a go, good luck all

Sclocher
What's DOS?
Message 112 of 150

My defy does this about once aweek or so. However, I usually turn my phone

off once aday to keep it from getting sluggish on me. This seems to be an

issue on random defy's and not all

On Jul 19, 2011 3:27 PM, "buttscratcher" <

ollyshaw
What's DOS?
Message 113 of 150

Intersting there are a lot of people with this issue. Seems to be due to new phones, t-mobile sims and signal strength.

We have decided to cancel the new contract in the cooling off period. My advice to anyone else is to do the same if possible.

Olly

monalijain
What's DOS?
Message 114 of 150

Hi, Y'day I bought motorola defy, and started facing reboot loop issue as soon as i inserted sim into this cell, i also tried using diffrent sim but that didnt solved my problem. then I updated firmware but even that didnt worked for me. can anyone help me for this, otherwise i have no option but to throw this cell back.

ollyshaw
What's DOS?
Message 115 of 150

Hi,

For me it was an issue with the cell radio switching from UMTS to GSM frequencies.

Good signal fine, bad signal fine. Somewhere in the middle with a fairly low signal reboots. This does not happen with my old (Jan 11) defy, but happened with both new ones I was sent.

I've given up and am getting something else. It certainly won't be another Motorola.

Olly

ocleroux
What's DOS?
Message 116 of 150

Hi guys.  My phone has really started stressing me out big time!  I have had my Defy since the middle of the year about.  It came out with 2.1...worked fine.  I then upgraded to 2.2.2 via the moto updater and still worked fine.  Now recently the phone started to freeze when I make a call.  The call does not connect at all and when I try and press the button to end the call nothing happens.  I then have to power down and restart to get it to work. 

Then I noticed that the phone would sometimes reboot itself.  It was not that bad at first..maybe once a day.  Now it has gotten so bad that it will somtimes go into a boot loop...it will boot...get to the home screen..then reboot...and over and over.  Then after it cycles like 5 times or so then it will settle down again untill the next time.

I have checked on the moto updater and it says there is not update for my phone.  I haved tried the Hard Reset...does not make a bit of a difference.

Please Moto...what is going on?  Fix our ROMS please!!!!!!  I have skimmed through this thread and I dont see how this can be a sim issue as the phone has been working fine till now with exactly the same sim?  My phone does not get exesivly hot either.

mlr31
What's DOS?
Message 117 of 150

Hello,

Exactly the same problem with my Defy few weeks after upgrade to 2.2.2. Multiple factory reset (including the reset accessible from the bootloader menu) and even reinstallation of 2.2.2 over 2.2.2 using the standard Motorola installer does not change anything. Even without installing any additional application from the market.

Sometimes, the phone works very well, but sometimes it restarts without warning, often multiple restarts almost consecutively. Then it works again. I cannot find typical conditions that increase the frequency of the problem, excepted that it seems to be more common when the battery is not fully charged (but even if the battery meter is still higher than 75%).It happen when connected to 2G, to 3G, to wifi. I never observed it with all the wireless networks disabled but it is not a common configuration for a phone ;-)

Like the customer services of most french mobile operators , the Orange customer service is extremely inefficient ("reset your phone again"). According to what I have read in many Android forums, it seems that this problem is very common and Motorola does nothing to fix it or at least give an explanation. Added to the fact that there will be no upgrade to 2.3 for the Defy, it is probably my first and last Motorola smartphone ...

Marc

mlr31
What's DOS?
Message 118 of 150

I forgot to add that my SIM is new (when I bought my Defy, the old SIM I had in my previous phone was not compatible with 2G and 3G networks ...) so Orange gave me another immediatly.

Scrannel
802.11n
Message 119 of 150

I'm on 2.2.1, T-Mo branded USA.  So, they are probably different (and I am not having these issues).  But I have heard that 2.2 in general (and not just Moto) seems to be causing this issue on many phones.  But the SD card in particular seems to cause hanging and restarting issues.  Even if it worked on 2.1.  You might try reformatting the SD card or trying another. 

mlr31
What's DOS?
Message 120 of 150

Already did that, and more than once :-(

Also did a factory reset as explained here just after reformating without remounting it before:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/450306#450306

Moreover the SD card is still the card delivered by Motorola with the phone (2 GB, reference MMAGR02GUECA-MB, probably manufactured by Samsung), and all the posts about SD card problems are relative to high speed cards ...

Marc