Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
filler
What's DOS?
Views: 3,557
Message 121 of 150

Re: Help! Defy keeps rebooting.

Initially updated to Android 2.2.2 with some apps on the SD card, the rebooting stopped but the phone started running slow, even with task killers. Then re-installed 2.2.2, formatted the SD card and voila no issues till date.

No heat, screen, battery or software problems. Guess it was a mix of the software and the sim problem.

All my problems are solved. Thanks Moto.

mlr31
What's DOS?
Message 122 of 150

Hello,

The health of my phone quickly worsened on thursday, up to the point it was no longer able to connect the GSM or 3G network. At that time, it was still able to connect to the Wifi network, but few hours later it became unable to boot: freeze on the Motorola logo both when trying to start or to charge the battery. Then it had the nice idea to become very hot just at the time I went to the Orange store ! They immediatly asked the Orange customer service to send me a new Defy.

Very strange this slow degradation, with random reboot occuring more and more frequently.

Marc

pv7721
What's DOS?
Message 123 of 150

Hello everybody. I'm using my Motorola Defy with SFR in France. While this is my first smartphone I find it very nice to do plenty of things, except what a telephone should be good at, that is phoning. Today, while at work, had no phone service and had to use my mobile phone instead. Almost after each call, the SIM got locked and sometimes it also rebooted. I often find it to reboot or become so sluggish it's almost unusable. I had to poweroff, but sometimes it takes ages to boot. Like a previous user said, sometimes even the power off button doesn't work so I have to remove battery. It came with 2.2.2 already installed so I guess that updating is not a solution for me. My SIM is rather old, I've seen posts recommending to get a new SIM, do you think it might help? Thanks!

Scrannel
802.11n
Message 124 of 150

Shortly after getting my Defy I had to upgrade the SIM.  All SIMs now are uicc.  Also, the SIM I originally had was actually pretty new, but was still not working properly.  So, I would try changing the SIM first. 

sexymax
What's DOS?
Message 125 of 150

Hi ..Bottom line is I`ve a new phone "weeks old never made a call yet ! I just unlocked it and have had all the before mentioned problems..I`ve also tried a whole load of solutions ?I contacted T-Mobile (phone was locked to them originally) they state that I1ve null & void the warrenty by unlocking it ? Will Motorola do the same ??or will they accept that unlocking is part of the necessity of moving phones around ?

So far the phone has cost me £180 and I cant even make a phone call ..It disconnects each time it connects to a call

Please Please Help

Sclocher
What's DOS?
Message 126 of 150

unfortunatly you do void it if you unlock it, its' the same a s

rooting it, in their eyes. My girlfirned DEFY has been rebooting last

month (sometimes up to 5 times a day), but right now it seems fine,

and as of current, it just seems that MotoBloat is the main issure (as

it always has been). Basically inabillity to answer phone (the slide

to answer pops up, and ringtone plays, but can't answer or clear). I

understand everyones aggrivation with this issue (i'm a former XT

owenr lol), but has anyone call TMO and sent thier phone in? i belive

it's only 20 dollars or so, and if the problem persists for i THINK 3

replacement phones, you get one phone of equal "performance". It's

worth a shot for everyone to talk to them, and at least get a new XT,

but it's too bad that such a great idea as MotoBlur, just becomes

somethning that all users dispise, and dread. I'm just goin to root

her phone, and then see how it acts. Please let me know if i can help

anyojne else (if i have helped anyone right now, lol)

petersmithson
What's DOS?
Message 127 of 150

[removed]

• Edited for posting excessive information on, links to or promotion of hacking or other activities that violate device warranty  – please follow our site rules.

Message was edited by: Mark (Forums Manager)

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 128 of 150

@sexymax

Provided you have proof of purchase that you are the original purchaser and you haven't otherwise modified it than subsidy unlocking you shouldn't have any problem getting warranty service.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Sclocher
What's DOS?
Message 129 of 150

Mark with the save! Glad to see, you again, buddy!

On Dec 2, 2011 9:53 AM, "Mark" <motorola-mobile@hosted.jivesoftware.com

sexymax
What's DOS?
Message 130 of 150

Hi Mark thanks for the speedy reply..Can I take that as red ?Ok let me be absolutely clear , I paid for a unlock code online.. not through t-mobile (who the phone was originally locked to)cost me £16. and your saying motorola will fix the phone under warranty ? That would solve all my problems ! What I dont want to happen is I send the phone to Motorola ( I`d be greatfull if you can tell me how I would go about that?) and they then tell me they wont do anything & if I want the Phone back I then have to pay postage for the second time, At which point what could be my options. would doing a new install ( gingerbread eg ) could that stop these issues ie rebooting, cutting off when making a call etc. ?

thanks again Mark