Did you mean: 
servbotx
Bit Torrent
Views: 5,875
Message 41 of 150

Re: Help! Defy keeps rebooting.

Usually this problem is caused by the task manager having apps in the auto

kill list.

It could also be related to the smart battery profile.

I would remove any apps you have in the auto kill list and set the battery

profile to performance mode.

If you already have any empty list and the profile on performance let me

know and we'll resort to more desperate measures.

ѕзгνвοτ χ

рошегеd вџ мοτοвιυг™

On Jan 29, 2011 12:08 PM, "badinage" <

forrykook
What's DOS?
Message 42 of 150

My Motorola Defy is only 3 days old and it started rebooting yesterday. I discovered that it was due to an app that I downloaded called Calendar Snooze. It kept rebooting the phone to do the notification tone. Uninstalled the app and all is good again.

guillemsola
What's DOS?
Message 43 of 150

I own a defy since first january. For about 20 days all was ok. Then after an update to blur 2.51.1 phone began to reboot at least a couple times a day. So I blame this update . I read in vodafone spain forums people complaining about that some sim cards are causing these issues while with other sim cards there are no problems.

Another thing I don't understand is that an app could make phone reboot. Is not android running applications in a sandboxed environment that isolates an app to prevent issues like this?

servbotx
Bit Torrent
Message 44 of 150

Right, but if an application hangs for too long and doesn't force close

properly the phone resets to prevent damage to the hardware.

ѕзгνвοτ χ

рошегеd вџ мοτοвιυг™

On Jan 30, 2011 12:00 PM, "guillemsola" <

dinglebert
What's DOS?
Message 45 of 150

This happened to the defy I bought for one of the kids within 7 days of first using.   Off it went back to t-mobile only to be returned with the same problem.   T-mobile replaced the phone with a new one and still the same problems.  Constantly rebooting, freezing and refusing to see the SD card.  

Then tried the other option with another SD card.  Stopped the problem.   Copied the info on the first SD card, reformatted and put it back on.  Not been a problem with the phone since.   In fact I like it so much I've just contracted for one for myself and I'm ditching the iphone.

guillemsola
What's DOS?
Message 46 of 150

Really? Does this have something to be that sometimes phone gets really hot?

I bought a gel case for the phone and now I'm not using it to see if it's a problem related to a bad refrigeration.

What's the best way to monitor that?

doublenickle
What's DOS?
Message 47 of 150

One more with the same problem. Started within an hour of firing it up. Just got it on the 28th, have tried all the tricks and options listed here but to no avail. Sometimes it will go 10 minutes, other times every minute it reboots.

Scrannel
802.11n
Message 48 of 150

Not sure if this will help, but I was on the phone with T-Mo PDA over a wifi calling issue and he said -- for a variety of reasons -- I should (and everyone should) upgrade their SIM to an UICC SIM.  He claimed it was the most appropriate SIM for this phone.  Of course, he had to put a note on my file so that when I went into the T-Mo store they would upgrade my SIM for free.  Just thought I'd mention it. 

guillemsola
What's DOS?
Message 49 of 150

Not shure how to identify a regular sim to a uicc sim but I guess I have on of this uicc because is a 32k sim and brand new. Maybe I will ask where I bought my phone.

If it's possible that an app cause this issue I will try with a hard reset and install app carefully

Scrannel
802.11n
Message 50 of 150

The contacts on mine (the "gold part") looks smaller than on my regular SIM.  Here's some info:

http://www.justaskgemalto.com/en/communicating/tips/what-uicc-and-how-it-different-sim-card